How do i check for leaks if i cant idle

Disc and a top hat adapter is the way if your frame supports it. I haven't seen a way to install shoes tho

I rock coaster brakes. Lasts about 500 miles worst case scenario and better cases exist.
This frame supports only coaster brakes but i have put fat tires 2.0 on them and cant find a coaster brake hub for a 2.0 wheel. even if i could i have a shift kit and a shimano 6 speed derailleur on the back so coaster brakes wont work. the best i could do is a 2.0 size 7 speed hub shifter coaster brake. Or find a way to mount discs on the side you would normally put the gear on. I thought about mounting a drive gear and a hat to disc adapter but i don't think my frame is wide enough.

Well I've been down the road you're inquiring.

I have a Shimano etype coaster brake on 2" wide rims, but you're right about the shift kit.

A top hat adapter doesn't weld brake posts on the frame tho.

I would suggest Machine a post and use caliper brakes, upgrade to vbrakes, upgrade to disc brakes etc

No matter how you need 5¢ worth of welding done

Lol, drill and a bolt as a post maybe.

I would suggest Machine a post and use caliper brakes, upgrade to vbrakes, upgrade to disc brakes etc

No matter how you need 5¢ worth of welding done

Lol, drill and a bolt as a post maybe.
I thought about drilling holes but with the wide wheels the offset wouldnt be enough for the brakes to make contact and it would weaken the frame.
Im going to have to use v brakes or cantilever because again the wheel is too wide to find calipers and the frame isnt big enough to use discs
I dont have a machinist in my area but i wish i did. I patched the frame and welded over the holes with a home made microwave transformer welder but i blew my second transformer in my last weld. I put a post on craigslist offering 40 dollars for help but no calls yet.

In other news i have a chain tension problem on that bike that is also preventing me from riding it. the sprocket im using from jack shaft to gear is too small and the chain is too long but not long enough to take out a link or use a half link. so i need a tensioner their Ive been experimenting with different size garage door pulleys but no luck. there is no where to mount a spring tensioner and the wheels ive found just end up getting stuck or falling off. the chain falls off all the time. I cant ride it yet but im excited to go 55 and die.

I thought about drilling holes but with the wide wheels the offset wouldnt be enough for the brakes to make contact and it would weaken the frame.
Im going to have to use v brakes or cantilever because again the wheel is too wide to find calipers and the frame isnt big enough to use discs
I dont have a machinist in my area but i wish i did. I patched the frame and welded over the holes with a home made microwave transformer welder but i blew my second transformer in my last weld. I put a post on craigslist offering 40 dollars for help but no calls yet.

In other news i have a chain tension problem on that bike that is also preventing me from riding it. the sprocket im using from jack shaft to gear is too small and the chain is too long but not long enough to take out a link or use a half link. so i need a tensioner their Ive been experimenting with different size garage door pulleys but no luck. there is no where to mount a spring tensioner and the wheels ive found just end up getting stuck or falling off. the chain falls off all the time. I cant ride it yet but im excited to go 55 and die.

Chainfalling off is fun brakes lol

What about engine position? That affords a quarterlink.

Oooh editedit
Electric wheel, electric brakes, power brakes

looking for a method that doesnt fail when the battery dies. no alternator. but goot thought. Id consider it if it was regenerative braking i could recharge me headlight but id assume having a motor on my front or rear wheel would be more like an alternator in it self one that dies if spun too fast.

looking for a method that doesnt fail when the battery dies. no alternator. but goot thought. Id consider it if it was regenerative braking i could recharge me headlight but id assume having a motor on my front or rear wheel would be more like an alternator in it self one that dies if spun too fast.
That's why I bring it up - if it has a brake feature it will likely feature regeneration as well.

Thanks for the diacomp link, I was looking for that a while ago, I want to step away from my coaster brakes but a bolt on solution is not common.

Back