How I built boardtrack racer #1. A picture diary

I do not even pretend to know what you are saying, I'm sure someone will be on here in the morning that will catch this and explain it to me.

I do not even pretend to understand what you mean by
A disc rotor has spokes. Just look at it. You can mount it with the spokes leading or the spokes trailing. The brake caliper pulls on the rim of the rotor when you stop. This force transfers through the spokes to the hub. If the spokes are trailing they will be in tension and will eventually break.

A disc rotor has spokes. Just look at it. You can mount it with the spokes leading or the spokes trailing. The brake caliper pulls on the rim of the rotor when you stop. This force transfers through the spokes to the hub. If the spokes are trailing they will be in tension and will eventually break.
The force of braking on a bicycle with both front and back brake are not as strong as you might think My friend. Might be the case with full hydralic brakes and a much heavier curb weight. this braking system haz been on 2 bikes for a duratio of over 4 years without a single problem. I have bought 2 sets of theze rims and the rotor with the arrow pointing in the right direction came mounted just like you see em. Here is a pic 2min after opening them.
Screenshot_20230409_223115_Facebook.jpg

The force of braking on a bicycle with both front and back brake are not as strong as you might think My friend. Might be the case with full hydralic brakes and a much heavier curb weight. this braking system haz been on 2 bikes for a duratio of over 4 years without a single problem. I have bought 2 sets of theze rims and the rotor with the arrow pointing in the right direction came mounted just like you see em. Here is a pic 2min after opening them.
Well I wouldn’t buy from them again cause they don’t know what they’re doing (bought cheap Chinese rotors for their rims). I’m sincerely glad that you’ve been so lucky. I have a great deal of experience going fast on bicycle components. But you do you.

They advertise them that way and many racers run them that way. Their not 300lb mopeds. Their 80lb bicycles. Really dont think it makes any diff the way their setup.
Screenshot_20230410_040729_Chrome.jpg
unnamed_1024x1024.jpg

Well I wouldn’t buy from them again cause they don’t know what they’re doing (bought cheap Chinese rotors for their rims). I’m sincerely glad that you’ve been so lucky. I have a great deal of experience going fast on bicycle components. But you do you.
Glad you have experience going fast down a hill on your bicycle. In this forum proof is within the picture my friend. I got 2 documented bikes in these threads that touch the tip of 50mph. So people in here know that I go fast. This Must prove my point since we both have experience going fast and we are both still here. Well that must mean it dont make 2 titty Biscuits which way them rotors are facing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230409_222745_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230409_222745_Facebook.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20230410_032612.jpg
    20230410_032612.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 60
Seems to me that their would be more resistance braking against the curve of the spoke in the opposite direction rather than flexing with the curve to ease tension

Glad you have experience going fast down a hill on your bicycle. In this forum proof is within the picture my friend. I got 2 documented bikes in these threads that touch the tip of 50mph. So people in here no that I go fast. This Must prove my point since we both have experience going fast and we are both still here. Well that must mean it dont make 2 titty Biscuits which way them rotors are facing.
Hey man, no need to get hurt over it. But 50 ain’t that fast. I did 65+ since 2016 then went to moto tires in 2019 for my ebike doing 90+ then slowed it down to 80+ in 2020

Here’s my 2017 212er that I put over 25,000 miles on

15DA0A0C-F099-45AE-B5E0-56422A1763B3.jpeg

And here’s my buddies scooter that blew a rear rotor. His top speed at the time was 45. Now he is running dual hubs and tops out at 75ish.

AF52AC74-AECA-4DFD-ADA3-5C3D16D123E4.jpeg

But hey it’s your life. I’m telling you they’re backwards. Show me the arrow on the rotor up close. I also wouldn’t trust any mags from BBR.

Especially seeing their 212 build with their parts. That build is all wrong, clearly they have no idea of what they’re doing.

Not hurt. Just plainy dont think it matters the direction. And Bro thoes are on a motor board not a bicycle. The Torque from the electric motor prob what took em out honestly. Not sure how that relates to bike parts
That doesn’t make sense. What does motor torque have to do with a brake? You saying he is using throttle and brake at the same time? It’s the same parts and same weight. Whatever dude obviously you have so much more experience than me.

Not hurt. Just plainy dont think it matters the direction. And Bro thoes are on a motor board not a bicycle. The Torque from the electric motor prob what took em out honestly. Not sure how that relates to bike parts. Thats more like motor board parts and 1 bike part. Also what caliper did you have on it? I bet full hydralic braking against the torque from the electric motor with 1/4 throttle still engaged at the time of failure
Show me the arrow on your rotor. Go ahead show me...

Not hurt. Just plainy dont think it matters the direction. And Bro thoes are on a motor board not a bicycle. The Torque from the electric motor prob what took em out honestly. Not sure how that relates to bike parts
Lol you dont think its harder on brakes to stop a Motor with more torque And Acceleration you ever down shifted a fast car. Thoes rotors failed because they were made for a cable pull mechanical bicycle caliper. You application and use for that rotor is totally out of line. Dont see 1 bicycle in here that has had major destruction of their rotors.

Back