How long will it last???

Just curious: How do you guys keep track of how many miles you've ridden? I know commutes can easily add up miles x work days, but what about the rest of you?

Yes, in my opinion you've got to have an odometer. You can get them many places. A MUST, for break-in!!!!!!!!!!!~

my run in on a china F80 was 500 ks but rings blew in first 200 lol so rebuilt with a grubee top end for $95 and 500 ks run in later and iv done about 3,500 ks and I'm starting to lose compression atm so mane $20 on new rings n gasket n shell be sweet :p

Yes, I can't tell you how important it is to use a better 2/stroke oil on these cheaper china made engines
. I'm sold on synthetic based oils, with using also some castor mixed with your ratio. You can really see the difference internally, vs the dead dinosaur stuff.

It was def. a good buy on my end. 5,000miles for $249. Replacement engines cost 92.50. Im a happy motorized biker. Its nice being able to ride and not have to worry about what tools i have on me incase my kit breaks.

If something is built to the lowest possible price that the greatest number of people at the bottom end of the wage spectrum can afford, the materials quality will be compromised.

Who cares if some of the chrome plating flakes away from the bore, when a replacement cylinder is $30. At the end of the day, minor plating defects do not significantly degrade performance when there is little performance to begin with.
My experience shows that a cylinder is good for around 4,000 kilometers (2,500 miles), before needing replacement, which is way more than can be expected from a pivotal part costing $30 as a replacement item.

These Chinese kits should cost around $600 - $800 if they were designed to Japanese standards, but that would exclude the greatest number of people at the bottom end of the wage spectrum from access to the cheapest form of motorized transport.

I am impressed by the relative reliability of Chinese 2-stroke bicycle engines, considering a replacement engine is around $100 and considering that total engine life works out to around $25 per 1,000 kilometers (600 miles), if the engine is replaced when the compression has dropped to non existent levels.
The bottom end (if not over revved) is good for in excess of 8,000 kilometers and a replacement crankshaft and rod is around $30, but after the 4,000 kilometer mark, you might as well just buy a brand new replacement engine.

I have to agree as to the Chinese cost and quality, but if operated correctly and understanding, they will last.

Years ago i bought a cheapo Chinese mini metal lathe and mill, having had quality machine tools, was more than disappointed at first. But working around the faults and correcting some, I have came around to being rather amazed at the quality of work they will put out when making small parts.

http://hstrial-rchambers.homestead.com/Rolands_Mini_machine_shop.html

Back