Break In How to properly break in a motor

So I am getting mixed signals, should I be using 87or89 for break-in?
Points so far
1. Not high grade fuel
2. Conventional over synthetic oil but not marine
3. Vary the throttle for small trips
This thing is a toy for me and not a daily commuter after break in I do plan on switching to higher compression, synthetic , higher octane, colder spark plug and nitrous . Thats just based on what I know about my car and all of those will work well together if done correctly

Nitrous In a happy time GOOD luck.

WHY NOT JUST.
Install a tuned pipe and rejet and port match the engine.
Install a 32 tooth rear sprocket or a sick bike parts shift kit.
You will be going way to fast for safety with these cheap mods..

Well, initially you are going to be changing the oil / gas ratio every
gallon so how could you mix more than a gallon at a time?

How many miles do you ride a week?
A gallon should get you at least 100 to 120 miles unless
you ride really hard.....

Gas goes bad especially the carp we have here in CA
so i wouldn't mix more than you use in a week or less?

There will be many "opinions" including mine about 'ratio" and "break in"
There is absolutely no possible way you or anyone is getting anywhere near 100 to 120 MPG with one of these 66cc or 48cc or ANY cc motorized bicycle engines, no matter what brand it is, or what modifications have been done to it, or what gear ratio it has, or how much you and the bike weigh, or anything... ever. It is impossible, period.
I'm so tired of these motorized bike w hurryebsites claiming this nonsense, because it's simply not true! It never was, and never will be!
So, get your facts right and do some real research. Also, a little studying to understand how these (or any for that matter) little 2 stroke engines really work and operate on a fundamental level would only do yourself some good, so you don't make yourself look like an inexperienced noobie.
Once you do that, please spread the newfound knowledge and help stop the spread of those ridiculous lies.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Well, initially you are going to be changing the oil / gas ratio every
gallon so how could you mix more than a gallon at a time?

How many miles do you ride a week?
A gallon should get you at least 100 to 120 miles unless
you ride really hard.....

Gas goes bad especially the carp we have here in CA
so i wouldn't mix more than you use in a week or less?

There will be many "opinions" including mine about 'ratio" and "break in"
There is absolutely no possible way you or anyone is getting anywhere near 100 to 120 MPG with one of these 66cc or 48cc or ANY cc motorized bicycle engines, no matter what brand it is, or what modifications have been done to itand/or gear ratio Ever.

There is absolutely no possible way you or anyone is getting anywhere near 100 to 120 MPG with one of these 66cc or 48cc or ANY cc motorized bicycle engines, no matter what brand it is, or what modifications have been done to itand/or gear ratio Ever.
You do realise, of course, that your replying to a thread from 2009...That was 12 years ago and i havent seen these folks your replying to since ive been in this forum...Check the date codes of the threads...DAMIEN

Ps...I get 90 to 95 MPG On my Zeda 80, (69.4cc), myself.

Last edited:
Welcome to Motoredbikes.com Roccitycrew38,
How many miles per gal are you getting?
Show us a pic of your M/B.

I ride a 4 stroke 138cc Whizzer M/B and she get's about 75 MPG @ 40 to 45 MPH
But if I go about 25 or 30 MPH she gets over 100 MPG

so you don't make yourself look like an inexperienced noobie.
I should have added on my response to you, roccity, that before i retired 10 years ago, i was an ASE certified, Master Mechanic/Technician...my bike weighs in at 80 pounds, i weigh in at 215 pounds, and im still getting 90 to 95 MPG on this bike below...Methinks you might just be an "inexperienced noobie" yourself based on the rant you posted...lol...DAMIEN

EDIT...Here are my pics that should illustrate my "noobie inexperience" expressed here below...lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 104
  • %22Adel%22 clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
    %22Adel%22 clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 115
  • Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg
    Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
    Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I get right around 100mpg on mine but i just cruise slow, 20ish mph around town. I was getting 54mpg on the interstate yesterday in my wife's Prius so i don't see why a bike can't get 100 going almost 1/4 the speed.

I get 60-65 miles on 2 liters of fuel, you do the math, and have video of traveling from Hamilton to Toronto around the golden horseshoe and fueled up once for the return trip. When I run a 50cc variant the mileage is even better!

Back