How to Solve Chain Stretch

Chains dont stretch they wear, cheap chains will wear the connecting links after only a short time because of shoddy craftsmanship ie. holes not being perfectly round and pins. After that breakin period you should be good to go until usual wear wears down the pins and elongates the holes.

I think that these chains wear and they stretch :geek:

Sometimes I think that they thin there steel out with butter, like they must do with the steel they use for the studs, nuts and bolts that come with the kits.

If they ever figure out how to make this stuff (chains, nuts, bolts, bearings etc.) out of potmetal, or even better - plastic, I'm sure they will... :sick:

Also after seeing all the plastic intake manifolds, belt idlers and other pieces on newer vehicles I wonder when the day will come when they make a whole engine out of plastic. They'll make the pistons out of bakelite and put some teflon rings on there.... :geek:

Edit: I should have had a look at good ol' wiki first, looks like somebody already did make a plastic engine....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_automotive_engine

Last edited:
Wow, that motors stats sound very impressive for its weight!

Wonder why nobody is onto that tech now for these bikes. Bring on the light, cheap, performance 2 stroke!

John, you said 'especially ZBox', implying that you got better sprockets from elsewhere.
Where did you get the better ones? If I'm going to buy a new sprocket especially to grind the edges, I'd like to start with the best I can get here. (Might not even need to grind, then, to fit the #410.

Does anyone know if a Grubee sprocket will slot straight on?

I'm nearly certain a Grubee will slot straight on. They need the ends filed too because you still get that nasty crunch every so often which is the sprocket refusing to accept the chain. The teeth are too long but the pitch is better machined so it can be filed down to get a better fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back