Huffy wheel replacement/bearing problems forreal!šŸ˜

hiyerground71

Local time
9:32 AM
I am having trouble replacing my huffy nel lusso rear wheel and or bearings (the bearings tore up in the wheel) . Does anyone know where to purchace the whole wheel or a replacement bearing(s) for this bike? Its a 26 inch tire/frame.

What you have is 26" wheels not a 26" frame. The good thing is your frame is steel, which makes it easy to weld on. I'm going to assume it's the men's bike if it has an engine on it and you're asking about the rear wheel. The bad thing about your bike is it only uses a coaster brake; which is probably the reason the wheel failed.

With this bike more than a wheel is needed. You also need to add at least rim brakes. The fenders need to be reinforced or removed. For what you're going to spend to make this bike safe to ride you could buy a 1x7 drive cruiser bike with rim brakes already on it.

What you have is 26" wheels not a 26" frame. The good thing is your frame is steel, which makes it easy to weld on. I'm going to assume it's the men's bike if it has an engine on it and you're asking about the rear wheel. The bad thing about your bike is it only uses a coaster brake; which is probably the reason the wheel failed.

With this bike more than a wheel is needed. You also need to add at least rim brakes. The fenders need to be reinforced or removed. For what you're going to spend to make this bike safe to ride you could buy a 1x7 drive cruiser bike with rim brakes already on it.
Lol that's funny! I know the feeling! When you got to buy a new bike just for parts, well I mean it's sometimes cheaper to buy a whole bike versus the separate parts needed to finish a bike build.šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

I am having trouble replacing my huffy nel lusso rear wheel and or bearings (the bearings tore up in the wheel) . Does anyone know where to purchace the whole wheel or a replacement bearing(s) for this bike? Its a 26 inch tire/frame.
Your best bet would be to find another bike with a multi-speed wheel, (5 or 6 speed freewheel) for parts and use the rear wheel. Change out your gears on it and find a rim brake.

Here's the wheels.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Your best bet would be to find another bike with a multi-speed wheel, (5 or 6 speed freewheel) for parts and use the rear wheel. Change out your gears on it and find a rim brake.

Here's the wheels.
I see that the ebay URL says .ca for Canada, yet when you click on it, it shows AU for Australia pricing and shipping must cost an arm and a leg, etc...lol...Is that even correct???...lol.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I see that the ebay URL says .ca for Canada, yet when you click on it, it shows AU for Australia pricing and shipping must cost an arm and a leg, etc...lol...Is that even correct???...lol.
Should be the same ones but USA Ebay Same Guy also just USA added on to his name

Should be the same ones but USA Ebay Same Guy also just USA added on to his name

That's wild, if I get them from Oz they're $86 CAD, if I get them from USA they're $141 CAD. With the shipping, it's cheaper for me to get them from Oz.

That's wild, if I get them from Oz they're $86 CAD, if I get them from USA they're $141 CAD. With the shipping, it's cheaper for me to get them from Oz.
idk where you are at, but where i am it's cheaper for me to get them from USA 99.98 USD free shipping where in CAD it is 99 AU/86.40Cad + 99 AU/86.40CAD ship = 128USD not counting how much my bank will charge me to make the currency exchange

idk where you are at, but where i am it's cheaper for me to get them from USA 99.98 USD free shipping where in CAD it is 99 AU + 99 AU ship = 128USD not counting how much my bank will charge me to make the currency exchange
BC, Canada. The conversion factor to USD is 100- 141CAD, AU100-86.40 CAD plus the 85.55 shipping. It's like 180 bucks.
The seller doesn't even ship out of the country on the US wheels.

Coaster brakes are ok for the rear if you're used to them, know what you're doing, aren't a speed demon and are aware that the rear brake is for slowing down, the front brake for stopping.
If it doesn't have a front brake, you need to add one - which may require a different fork, depending on what type of brake you choose.
Andrew Muzi at www.yellowjersey.org can probably set you up with just about any bearings and/or wheel you need, for truly in-depth information on coaster brakes (and tons of other stuff), check out www.sheldonbrown.com

Back