I have had it with crappy times...

good for you.

there are only seals on the crankshaft bearings.....not behind the clutch or sprocket.

my seal has 14.8 X 27 X 7.5 on it.

check your seal numbers to be sure.

So, you are saying that my problem HAS to be the crank seal behind that small sprocket?

thats how mine was put together. 48cc grubee skyhawk.....yours could be different....bearing/seal size?

i can hardly get 60 miles out of my magneto before i have to resolder the ground.(IT burns there)have you had any problems w/yours?

Simonator, these engines are specifically designed to give constant levels of consternation.

If it's not leaking filthy black oily sludge or rattling it's guts out or providing troublesome clutch and electrical issues and carburation problems, then it's not a Crappy Time engine.

You sign up for these headaches as part of the purchase price!

Fabian

Simonator - may he rest in peace.

You know after messing with the new 4T 49cc engines......they may be dependable, but pound for pound a decently modified HT engine kicks THEIR BUTTOCKS every day of the week. And just so much more fun to ride.

The fundamental problem with ALL the 4T engines to date? They are not cast and designed as purely bike engines. This may sound like a simple statement, but it's at the core of why the desire for, and performance of, the lousy HT engine remains strong.

First well designed bolt to frame 4T engine will be interesting.

Last edited:
Back