If a motor is not properly broken in and it laks power can it be fixed?

B

Bryan 1983

I have a 66/80cc and it runs great and starts easy and has the pull start on the side, when I rev it up with the clutch in it revs fast and all the way but when riding it and let the clutch out it won't pull and bogs down and when you pedal it it slowly starts to pick up speed but on a slite hill it doesn't have any power to pull and you can hold the throttle all the way open at a stop with the cluch out and it won't pull my body weight 160 and it's more of bogging sound instead of opening up but once you get going it pulls pretty good. Any thoughts on how to get the power for acceleration?

If you think everything else is good like cdi mag and carby is not dirty blocked tank check it all and maybe even get a new plug .last then you might have broken rings .the engine well rev up but doesn't like load .

Okay thanks for the info I'll put a new plug in it first and everything else is new so I'll pull the head and check out the rings next.

If you think everything else is good like cdi mag and carby is not dirty blocked tank check it all and maybe even get a new plug .last then you might have broken rings .the engine well rev up but doesn't like load .

UOTE="skyash, post: 427263, member: 24961"]If you think everything else is good like cdi mag and carby is not dirty blocked tank check it all and maybe even get a new plug .last then you might have broken rings .the engine well rev up but doesn't like load .[/QUOTE]
Ok

these are not made to pull from a stop - one needs to pedal a couple times with each foot to get rolling well enough to let out clutch

2-strokes have 'peaky' power, so going uphill one needs to find the spot in the throttle at which the engine has more power

sounds like crank seals ... the factory fits rubish ones very poorly

head leak base gasket leak

possibly but unlikely rings

or carb setup to rich at needle ?

or leaking bottom end gasket / cracked broken engine case unlikely but possible

all fixable

Last edited:
I have had 10 kids brake rings well running in I even had one my self power went from good to poor then could only rev up with out load on it I tried everything just to find a 1mm peace of ring giggling a hole in the piston .out of 20 engines only one did a bottom end seal .like I say no to engines. Are the same

Back