I'm new

Wait, sorry let me clarify. I mentioning that you need to crimp the connections. If you put the connections together without crimping them the contact might slip in the operation of the bike. You can just use pliers to crimp the wires. Here is a video of crimping using a crimping tool (can use a plier).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WN-lBkjkAc

Oh that makes more sense, I thought you meant like bending them or something. Duh on me :)

OK I have a big problem, when I start the bike it runs full speed when I'm not touching the throttle and when I do turn the throttle it does nothing. When I pull the clutch in it turns off. what should I do?

Hi Levi. Welcome. Yes, I think it could take it just fine as long as the nuts and bolts are fastened securely(I second the Loctite suggestion). You can peruse eBay and find aftermarket nuts and bolts sets which are stronger than the cheap ones that come with the kit. Don't OVER-TIGHTEN any of the nuts or bolts. A couple strips of two-sided tape under the gas tank is a good idea. I go overboard so I used JB Weld's Steelstick instead. That way the bolts don't need to be over-tightened which can lead to a leaky tank. It does depend on your bike too. A bike with shocks would be a good idea. I live on a dirt road too and chose a FAT bike which helps a lot because of the fat tires. You might want to look into a better air filter than the cheap foam one because of the extra dust it has to deal with.

Back