Interesting electrical problem

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by alexander.foti, Nov 4, 2007.

1. I have just bought some wireless indicators that work well when the engine is off.

When its the engine is running though the indicators at the back flash like theyre is interference with the engine. Is there any other way i can get theese to work correctly while the engine is running.

Theese are the lights

Any ideas ppl?

Thanks In advance.

2. OldPete

OldPete Guest

I would try a resistor spark plug.
  3. Ahh interesting idea. Any idea what the correct length/gap would be for a happy time engine?

4. Do you know if the current spark plugs /boots supplied have suppresors in them?

5. OldPete

OldPete Guest

No I don't. I use a Robin Subaru.

Suppressors can be in the plug, in the connector to the plug or the secondary wire itself.

I would use any resistor plug handy that is the correct length just to run it awhile to see if it helps...then look for the correct plug, a plug chart will show it.
  6. Which would be the best. I have just ordered a plug boot with a supressor in it as its cheap and i can see if it works.

Would a resistor plug work better?

7. OldPete

OldPete Guest

They are about the same. Some ppl use both when the car radio is picking up the signal of the ignition secondary.
  8. jpilot

jpilot Guest

I have the same problem with an electronic speedometer. Works fine as long as the engine is not running. I'll have to try that resistor plug idea. Thanks.