Interesting...

I haven't heard of lots of problems with the knock-off engine. They are used on scooters a lot, so scooter riders could probably tell you more. But, they aren't Mitsubishi.

what really matters is how its put together . ive gotten these motors from a few diff companys , they always start , but they dont all keep running. the ones from monster are the best .

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't heard of lots of problems with the knock-off engine. They are used on scooters a lot, so scooter riders could probably tell you more. But, they aren't Mitsubishi.

i had one of those knock offs on my motor scooter,, it had alot of power and kept breaking the motor mounts, but it was a great motor, it would run wide open for hours and was very easy to start, im thinking of getting another because the entire scooter cost less than a true Mitsubishi engine,

the mounts break on the pull start side because they weren't designed to be mounted there those are really for a gas tank mounting holes under the motor. scooters that use this mounting style are notorious for breaking there . i used to buy them broken like that cheap . then mount through the tranny . .

Back