Is the new engine I just bought dead?

What would you use then 20 to 1?
heres what i do with a new engine for break in , mix 20:1 for first tank i use that tank doing runs uphill roll back down leave to rest for a few mins repeat until tank empty.
then next tank 25:1 same thing uphill , then mix as normal has worked for me so far . for mixing the correct amounts you can use a pipette or a cheaper option go into a pharmacy and ask them for a large syringe .

It's crazy huh. I see a lot of guys doing this on their first builds. 8 ozs. of el cheapo wally world oil in the 1st. gallon. They come in wondering why it runs like s#!t, and has oil drooling from the pipe.

No idea what an Oz or a gallon or any of those old fashioned measurements even is, but I know I've put 250mL of castrol 2T into 4L of whatever octane unleaded petrol tesco sells, and it runs great. Climbs any hill I point it at with nowhere near even quarter throttle, and accelerates at a terrifying pace at half throttle.

So 16:1 is correct for a good semi-synthetic.

...and accelerates at a terrifying pace at half throttle.

No+Country-Jones.jpg

I ran 16:1 in the first few tanks, like the instructions said.
Lots of drool out of pipe and the plug soon died of fouling.
You will be fine with 20:1 or 24:1 I am sure.

As for accurate measure, no worries.
There are lots of mixing measures around, find one that fits your gas jug.
Heck half the time I fill up at the pump. I have a little 75ml bottle I can carry in my pocket.
Dump it in before I fuel up so it mixes. End up with a ratio between 25:1 and 40:1 worst case.
I'm not jetted that close that it will be a problem. Engine will survive either ratio.
No worries...

Steve

You're welcome to try my bike if you want. it's only got say, 7.5x the power it was originally designed to handle, and an engine that vibrates like hell too. It's frightening, a 35 year old gas pipe racer was simply never designed for this.

You're welcome to try my bike if you want. it's only got say, 7.5x the power it was originally designed to handle, and an engine that vibrates like hell too. It's frightening, a 35 year old gas pipe racer was simply never designed for this.

Pictures and video or it's a lie!

where abouts in the uk are you? I would love a test drive

Back