Is this real?

I have to use a #68 jet up here to get them to run right. Would larger jetting help them on top?

i try to run just a little fat all the way from pilot to main so that it runs clean while throttling up under load off the pipe then at the top when on the pipe it leans out a bit and screams!but you have to play with header length so the pipe comes on around 2.ooo to 2.500 rpm before your top rpm.

I am sure I have a lot more to figure out here. My bikes run well and pull well through the range low to high with no 4 stroking at all. Great uphill, But they are not rapping out to their full potential. No sudden come on of the pipe.

my current set up uses an #83 jet best in warm weather at around sea level highest alt around here is maybe 1100 ft. When i have to climb the Niagara escarpment there is one spot with a 22 percent grade that stretch has killed quite a few electrics and I can accelerate up no problem just on the engine not on the pipe!Almost four stroking just at the edge of clean helps because when extra load like long or steep hills come up your not overly lean under load and loosing power also as the load comes off and you are able to reduce throttle input now you have more cooling available to keep over temp at bay!

I remember you saying you use a 17.5mm carb. Which one is it? I'm using a delorto 16 16. I found the 14 14 delortos will run rich with a #68 while the nt likes the #68. I tried a #70 in the 16 16, but had to drop to a #68 in it cause of excessive 4 stroking. I'm thinking of going to a mikuni 18 for better adjustability, and a little more umph.

I use a cns hp carb it was 16mm but I bored it to the 17.5 that its at now, 18 should work good with a matched intake.I see alot of guys using 21mm carb on billet intake thats only 15mm or the rse reed valve with the same dia and when I ride them they suck no bottom end and long time to clean out,but they all accelerate at w.o.t and have their set up jetted for that

I
Again, dead wrong.
It is 'polite' to ride to the right and encouraged, but not required.
Any bicycle is entitled to a full lane.

How about you go read the statute regarding riding a bicycle in AZ
http://www.azbikeped.org/images/Arizona Revised Statutes Bicycle Laws.pdf
Then maybe you can stop talking out of your ass about whats legal and whats not here in AZ as I have been dicking with it for 6 years.

You didn't answer my question...
How do YOU make a left hand turn at an intersection?
I agree with you KC.
I was living in Surprise, AZ. The cops there are cool with MB's as long as you operate them safely and follow the rules of the road.
I even went as far as to ask the local police there,and that's what they told me. I was pulled over by a MCCS on grand ave. He just wanted a closer look at my bicycle.

I am sure I have a lot more to figure out here. My bikes run well and pull well through the range low to high with no 4 stroking at all. Great uphill, But they are not rapping out to their full potential. No sudden come on of the pipe.

Gary, a good working pipe does not have to hit with a hard whack of powerband.
I'm kinda blessed to have a raft of 2 stroke pipes for my 125:
168048_10150137763855803_475778_n.jpg

Switching and messing with them can give me all sorts of different powerbands on the bike.
Some of them are very linear, very little sudden burst of power but there is power there none-the-less.
These pipes are the easiest to ride off-road because of the fat mid-range torque.

That said, I do have a peaky little Doma that I love for street.
Screamy little batard does a leap from 50 to 80mph on the pipe.
Makes me feel like Valentino Rossi clicking it through the gears on the twisties.

Last edited:
I
I agree with you KC.
I was living in Surprise, AZ. The cops there are cool with MB's as long as you operate them safely and follow the rules of the road.
I even went as far as to ask the local police there,and that's what they told me. I was pulled over by a MCCS on grand ave. He just wanted a closer look at my bicycle.
Same with us here in SunnySlope, heck the cops always smile or wink and ask questions at a light or a 7-11 because they like what we are riding.

Granted I build to a little higher standard than most, but the cops appreciate that as they want to see people be able to get to and from work safely and not just be unemployed criminals on their watch!

Back