Exhaust Is this the pre-2010 exhaust?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Fletch, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Fletch

Fletch Member

2. Fletch

Fletch Member

bump...anyone? If it is just the old exhaust I won't purchase it, but if it is an 'upgrade' then I'm considering it. I'd like a better pipe than the new 'black cat' but I don't want too much extra noise (ie. an expansion pipe). Thanks

3. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Looks like all the pipes I've gotten on pre 2010 kits...

[​IMG]

4. Fletch

Fletch Member

Thanks Al,

How much of a difference in performance would you guess there is between the old pipes and the new ones? I did a search but didn't turn up any discussion about it. Is it enough to justify spending $25?

On PC they mention under the ported billet intake they suggest "the new high flow pipes" (ie. those because I can't see where they sell any others - the sbp expansion) would create a synergistic increase in performance?

I appreciate your opinion/help as always... I don't know how you manage to hit so many threads ;)

BTW, can you think of an alternative pipe/muffler that would only produce a slight increase in noise and make a significant improvement? I'm in CA where they are strict on the EPA requirements and I don't have a DL so I'd prefer to not draw any extra attention to myself from "the 5.0"

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  5. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

Question is probably irrelevant. They are showing out of stock.

6. Al.Fisherman

The ONLY pipe I see members talk about and a gain in performance is the expansion pipe.

I saw that also, but just like the jackshaft kits themselves were out of stock awhile back.

7. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

As a side note, I thought the EPA approved pipes came only in black. Picture shows a chrome pipe that is exactly like my 08-09 pipe, but the choice of color is only black.

8. Al.Fisherman

They might only come in BLACK, but when I bought my first engine (pre 2010) the muffler and pipe were and still are BLACK on the BLACK painted engines.