Exhaust Is this the pre-2010 exhaust?

bump...anyone? If it is just the old exhaust I won't purchase it, but if it is an 'upgrade' then I'm considering it. I'd like a better pipe than the new 'black cat' but I don't want too much extra noise (ie. an expansion pipe). Thanks

Looks like all the pipes I've gotten on pre 2010 kits...

Thanks Al,

How much of a difference in performance would you guess there is between the old pipes and the new ones? I did a search but didn't turn up any discussion about it. Is it enough to justify spending $25?

On PC they mention under the ported billet intake they suggest "the new high flow pipes" (ie. those because I can't see where they sell any others - the sbp expansion) would create a synergistic increase in performance?

I appreciate your opinion/help as always... I don't know how you manage to hit so many threads ;)

BTW, can you think of an alternative pipe/muffler that would only produce a slight increase in noise and make a significant improvement? I'm in CA where they are strict on the EPA requirements and I don't have a DL so I'd prefer to not draw any extra attention to myself from "the 5.0"

Last edited:
Thanks Al,

How much of a difference in performance would you guess there is between the old pipes and the new ones? I did a search but didn't turn up any discussion about it. Is it enough to justify spending $25?

I have NO idea, I'm one for safety and NOT speed...these ole bones can't afford it any more.

On PC they mention under the ported billet intake they suggest "the new high flow pipes" (ie. those because I can't see where they sell any others - the sbp expansion) would create a synergistic increase in performance?

I appreciate your opinion/help as always... I don't know how you manage to hit so many threads ;)... It's called retired...hit 4 different forums..2 fishing and 2 bikes. Actually motorized bikes are quite new to me, but ICE are not.

BTW, can you think of an alternative pipe/muffler that would only produce a slight increase in noise and make a significant improvement? I'm in CA where they are strict on the EPA requirements and I don't have a DL so I'd prefer to not draw any extra attention to myself from "the 5.0"

The ONLY pipe I see members talk about and a gain in performance is the expansion pipe.

Question is probably irrelevant. They are showing out of stock.
I saw that also, but just like the jackshaft kits themselves were out of stock awhile back.

As a side note, I thought the EPA approved pipes came only in black. Picture shows a chrome pipe that is exactly like my 08-09 pipe, but the choice of color is only black.

As a side note, I thought the EPA approved pipes came only in black. Picture shows a chrome pipe that is exactly like my 08-09 pipe, but the choice of color is only black.
They might only come in BLACK, but when I bought my first engine (pre 2010) the muffler and pipe were and still are BLACK on the BLACK painted engines.

Back