Its a shame mopeds never were a thing in the states.

I think 50cc scooters replaced them.
Scooters are more appealing for a number of reasons. A CVT drive and a small engine are a great combo, they have on board storage, and wind and rock protection. Both do around the same top speed as well. The only advantage a moped has is pedals if you somehow manage to run out of fuel.

The only advantage a moped has is pedals if you somehow manage to run out of fuel.
Rocket...Have you ever tried to pedal one of those suckers???...Even when I was young and strong in the 70s, I tried that ONCE and once only...It was ridiculous to even try to think that you could ever even go a half a mile trying to pedal them if you ever had to...lol...Pedals are just "decoration" on a moped as far as I'm concerned...lol.

A man of your height and size would probably just pick it up and carry it instead...lol...That would be easier to accomplish...lol.

Rocket...Have you ever tried to pedal one of those suckers???...Even when I was young and strong in the 70s, I tried that ONCE and once only...It was ridiculous to even try to think that you could ever even go a half a mile trying to pedal them if you ever had to...lol...Pedals are just "decoration" on a moped as far as I'm concerned...lol.

A man of your height and size would probably just pick it up and carry it instead...lol...That would be easier to accomplish...lol.
I never said it was easy. I said it had the feature.

Also, yes, I would just carry it. I walked about 3 miles back home with my first MB build basically on my back.

Speaking of scooters I have been considering This One in particular. Basically a grand delivered. I even fit on it relatively comfortably.

A friend of mine got his about 3 months ago, and once you sort out the typical cheap chinese bike issues, such as stupid lean carb jetting, and loctite needing to be put on every fastener it really Isn't half bad. Got my fat butt to 35mph and can climb hills decently too. Play around with the CVT and you could probably improve on it some more.

The only issue I have is it isn't really built for guys over about 200lbs. The suspension is way soft.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back