Its a shame mopeds never were a thing in the states.

Simply amazing that China can churn something out at that pricepoint-Gearhead437
Not hard to do when you have no R&D costs and use the same forms a million times, and then once they are worn out, a million more. The real brain bender is when you think about how much those little scooters actually cost. If I wanted to order about 10 of them, I could get them for about $200 a pop plus freight.

Simply amazing that China can churn something out at that pricepoint-Gearhead437
Cost of living is very low. Working full time at an entry level job can pay for a relatively comfortable life if you can get past safe but uncomfortable working conditions and long hours. Not sure if its still true but real wages were going up 25 percent every year for a while there. Not a china lover or commie but it has become a modern country in the past ten or twenty years. Used to be real bad in the nineties, like running steam engines on mainline passenger trains bad.

Cost of living is very low. Working full time at an entry level job can pay for a relatively comfortable life if you can get past safe but uncomfortable working conditions and long hours. Not sure if its still true but real wages were going up 25 percent every year for a while there. Not a china lover or commie but it has become a modern country in the past ten or twenty years. Used to be real bad in the nineties, like running steam engines on mainline passenger trains bad.
I always find it funny that China had to embrace a lot of Capitalism in order to prosper as a Communist nation.

I always find it funny that China had to embrace a lot of Capitalism in order to prosper as a Communist nation.
YEP...That happened right after Deng Xiaoping finished cleaning out his underwear along with the rest of the politburo after Tianaman Square in 1989...They figured out they couldn't stay a total communist system and be able to keep over 1 billion people in line at the same time.

They actually had a fleet of jets running and warmed up on the tarmac, ready to leave China with them in it if the people actually all rose up along with the student uprising and overthrow their dictatorship...lol...lol.

The possibilty of an angry mob of over a billion people can certainly influence someone to really want to change things rather quickly don't ya think...lol...lol.

I am amazed at how cheaply they can make stuff. Cheap energy, low cost of living and lax regulations make for a productive society.

In my experience Chinese people are really hard working, something I admire. I wouldn't want to live there and deal with the pollution however.

On Amazon.ca, they have the 50cc scooters for 1k and the 150cc for 1.5k + 5.50 shipping. This is in CDN which is about 30% less than the USD.

I would rather have an open class dirt bike but those are just shy of 20K, not happening.

I am amazed at how cheaply they can make stuff. Cheap energy, low cost of living and lax regulations make for a productive society.

In my experience Chinese people are really hard working, something I admire. I wouldn't want to live there and deal with the pollution however.

On Amazon.ca, they have the 50cc scooters for 1k and the 150cc for 1.5k + 5.50 shipping. This is in CDN which is about 30% less than the USD.

I would rather have an open class dirt bike but those are just shy of 20K, not happening.
As with any nation, there is a distinct divide between the ruling class and the average person. I am friends with a few formerly Chinese, now American citizens. As you said, hard working and very generous and kind people. A riding buddy of mine is one such person, and he changed his name to "Jason" when he became an American, mostly because it helps him fit in and it sounds close.to his given Chinese name.

The same is true of N. Korean people, again of whom I have met, known, and am friends with a few. Once the propaganda is shown to them as the lies they are, they embrace the culture whole heartedly. It's the same way people around the world have a mental image and attitude about how Americans are, but it gets shattered when the meet the people of America. All they know is our government and the bad things from the media.

I consider myself lucky to live I'm Omaha. You wouldn't think so, but this city is a huge melting pot from all over the world, and it has given me a chance to experience and interact with people and cultures from almost every corner of the world. Want some hard working people, look at the people of Nepal.

I have been to Omaha before...lol...Many, many other cities as well, not only in this country but three others as well...lol.
I've been to Singapore and Hong Kong twice and was stationed for 2 years in Japan onboard a ship moored in Tokyo bay. The Asian work ethic is on another planet compared to the US-Gearhead437

Back