Just an old Honda mechanic

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Egor, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Egor

Egor Guest

I started working for a Honda dealer in 65, would have worked for free, but never told the owner. My buddy and I started for Alaska on Honda S90's in 68, our kids are trying to get us to finish the ride. What do you think? I love these small Bicycle Engines it is fun to see how well you can make them run. I have a bevy of small Honda's left over from the old days, but I only ride the China bike, now. I rode a Whizzer when I was a kid, never got over it. I work as a Outboard motor mechanic, they are all 4 strokes now. You are having fun and that is my motto, so have fun, Dave
    PS: This is my Kings Schwinn
    [​IMG]

2. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

welcome to MBc Egor, I love that retro cruiser........Hey OL'Pete you got somebody In the LBC with ya now

3. OldPete

OldPete Guest

When my bike is done, I'll contact Egor for a ride...not to Alaska. :cool:
    They sent me the wrong freewheel! Grrr! A 13-28 instead of a 11-28. Delay time while sortting this out. I wanna high gear of 46-11 on the motored MTB.

Egor,
    Welcome again. Nice retro-ride. My dream was to ride the mountain on Mad Sunday just before The Isle of Man TT. :grin:

I used to buy Mustang parts at Dale Brown Suzuki on LB Blvd, hang out at LB Triumph and hear the organ at Joe Coons BMW.

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

that exhaust looks nice
    looks as factory as you can get
    very clean build Dave

5. spunout

spunout Member

Welcome to MBc dave! :D thats a very nice looking ride you got there 8) 8)

6. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Fantastic looking paint on your bike!! My favorite so far.

Welcome to the group!

7. Love that look.

Welcome.

8. beast775

beast775 Guest

welcome

fantastic build very good aesthetics nice lines,looks like a factory bike...welcome

9. Egor

Egor Guest

Thanks for all the nice comments, I used to custom paint back in the day, I still have all the equipment but I love to use the rattle cans just to keep em thinking. Could not make it with-out Krylon.. Small world I haven't heard the name Dale Brown Suzuki for ever, I also worked for Honda Triumph of Torrance. My first job was at a place on PCH at Oak st. Guartner ent Honda, that is where I bought the S90 we went off to Alaska with. It had a CB95 engine in it, I could never leave anything alone. I have another daily driver, K mart special, getting paint with the Dax engine. There is a story out there on the net about two boys in the 40's that went around America on Whizzers, an amazing story. Have fun, Dave

10. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

Welcome Egor. It looks like you bring some most Excellent talent to the forum. I had to look twice because I at first thought it was an old Yamaha !! :shock:
    Papa

11. lotsa_mpg

lotsa_mpg Guest

Welcome aboard, Egor.....beautiful bike you have there......you definately have both taste and talent. Thanks for your input on my engine probs in the picture gallery forum. I appreciate it.

Pete

12. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

hi

welcome to MBc egor...
    you should post that bike in july bike o the month! it is very sweet! Good luck on all your endeavors. :grin:

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Mmmmm, that bike gives me the warm fuzzies.....

14. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Hey Egor, if you make it to Alaska, stop by Haines. I'll show you the most scenic road in the world (just my opinion).[​IMG]

15. Egor

Egor Guest

Post Cancer

Well folks, I am a post Cancer survivor. Hope to be back on my bike soon, the Doctor said Ill be fine. (Thank you Lord). I have had a long time to think and I will be putting some important things in the forefront. My wife has been an Angle. You may not know, but I can be a hand full. Miss talking and meeting with you all, have fun, Dave

16. rcjunkie

rcjunkie Guest

Egor, welcome to the forum and congrats on being a cancer survivor. I am working this summer for a Ho****e organization. Let me tell you, I used to think that I had problems but seeing so many folks dying of cancer and other diseases gave me a new perspective on life!

17. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

please give me some hints about what that word is so i can tweak censor settings? it's too early and i can't figure it out to save my life.

18. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I believe it was -----> h o s p i c e

ho****e

19. wow it's been a long time since I've heard that word used (thank god!)

20. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc