Just ordered this from Sick Bike Parts

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
6:57 PM
Hi folks,

I just ordered this from SBP.

I did not order it for any other purpose than it appears to be able to breathe easier than the stock NT carbie filter system.

I dont need to go any faster, back on May 21st on first test drive, it just zoomed str8 up to 47 MPH...way to fast as far as im concerned for a bicycle since i like traveling between 30 to 35 MPH, so i wont be doing that again.

Does anyone here have any experience with this type of air filter on a stock NT carbie and what i should notice when using it???

Will any other adjustments to carbie be necessary???

Its being used with the Zeda 80 engine...thanks...DAMIEN

Attachments

• DSCN0172.JPG
    DSCN0172.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 202
I've found, and strictly by accident, that the stock filter can be made in to a useful filter by trimming a couple notches in the outer edge of the cover.
They trim easy with a utility knife.

hi CrazyDan,

"You might need to rejet your carb since it will flow better."

The thing already climbs to 47 MPH without breaking a sweat str8 outta the box, and still had a little throttle left over...I think im all set in the rejetting dept....i dont have a pilots license, and im not a fan of cleaning racing stripes outta my undies...lol...DAMIEN

hi CrazyDan,

"You might need to rejet your carb since it will flow better."

The thing already climbs to 47 MPH without breaking a sweat str8 outta the box, and still had a little throttle left over...I think im all set in the rejetting dept....i dont have a pilots license, and im not a fan of cleaning racing stripes outta my undies...lol...DAMIEN
Rejetting isn't something you do to get more speed, you do it to keep your engine from running too rich or too lean. You are adding an air filter that breathes much better, so you'll need to add more fuel to compensate. Unless you change the gear ratio or make the engine spin faster, you will not gain speed from this mod, just increase acceleration.

you do it to keep your engine from running too rich or too lean
OK...fair enough...my real expertise is with automotive cars and trucks and its only the last few years in my retirement that i started getting really interested in M/B...I am at an altitude of 4500 ft above sea level and occasionally climb up to the 9000 ft level with the bike...i have the needle valve at the leanest setting at the moment with 32:1 ratio with full synthetic Amsoil and the NGK B6HS spark plug has a nice, darkish/tannish look to it, which at the moment looks just fine...i will be monitoring that when the new filter arrives and adjust the needle "C" clip accordingly if i see or feel a difference...thanks...DAMIEN
Unless you change the gear ratio or make the engine spin faster
Using the 36 tooth sprocket. on the Zeda 80 engine.

You shouldn't see an increase in speed, just acceleration and hill climbing ability. If you have a nice chocolate brown plug currently, then I bet it goes grey with the new air filter. I didn't get new jets when I put the sbp air filter on my bike, I just drilled out my main jet till the plug was a nice color. You might want to either buy a jet set or a micro drill bit set. If you drill it too big you can solder the hole shut and re-drill it.

I swapped my air filter and was able to take a local steep hill in 3rd instead of 2nd (3rd is my 50 mph gear). I also didn't have to open up to get my previous speeds.

3rd instead of 2nd (3rd is my 50 mph gear)
Mine is just a humble little Hyper Beach Cruiser 1 speed...im just amazed at the Zeda 80 OOTB can do what it does...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...on the left side of pic, you can see a little of the mountains i climb up with this bike, on paved road of course, Kevlar street tires are on this.
At 65 yrs old, my off roading days are well over. I like comfort and fun riding now that im not doing regular motorcycles anymore...lol.

Attachments

• DSCN0172.JPG
    DSCN0172.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Back