leaky fuel line/tube

what kind of Auto Parts Store is that ????

i went to my fav. auto stores up here in canada and the only ones i found in the correct size was a pack of 10.

just wondering
because down here in the States
almost all of our auto parts stores sell singles...
most would not want a bag of 10 !!!!
maybe somebody should have asked ??
MM

just wondering
because down here in the States
almost all of our auto parts stores sell singles...
most would not want a bag of 10 !!!!
maybe somebody should have asked ??
MM
somebody asked in 3 different places. :)
$12 was the cheapest option, 3 of the packets where assorted sizes, most being alot larger than i'd ever use.

now i probably could have spent another hour driving around to other locations but i just picked up my toggle switch and left, figuring i had zip ties at home.

i was wrong, so i went with the old faithful.
copper twist tie. :)
even if its only a temp fix, its a temp fix that works.

i go to my local hardware store and buy 3 or 4 diffrent size clear hose lines for $1 per foot,and i try each one and i use the tightest one that can be squeezed on the carb and petcock,i dont use clamps or wire,there not coming off unless i pull really hard on the lines to get them off and they dont leak at all.

Well i got a new fuel line, that worked for 1 day and now its leaking again. It leaks out of the petcock that screws into the tank and where the fuel filter is but everything is good at the carb. petcock. Can i just get rid of the fuel filter, because it seems to just be two more places to leak gas?

And how about the petcock that screws into the tank?

don't

Can i just get rid of the fuel filter, because it seems to just be two more places to leak gas?

And how about the petcock that screws into the tank?

don't do that -- I have heard that some of those tanks are darn dirty
filter almost always needed....

a small piece of teflon ((made for gas type)) tape
will stop that leak fast (( used on threads ))

MM

Back