LocoLarry from Cary

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LocoLarry, Dec 15, 2008.

1. LocoLarry

LocoLarry New Member

Hello, Folks!

I'm Larry from Cary, North Carolina. I became interested in Garage Hacking bicycles, welding, and other mechanical projects after relocating to N.C. from Louisiana a few years ago. I belong to the Atomic Zombie board as well as the Hobart Welding board. I've built a Tadpole Trike as my second build. I prefer not to talk about my first effort...! On impulse, I bought a little 80cc kit and in looking around I stumbled onto this board. Please allow me to join you and "Lurk" for awhile......... I see that this is a large message board and catching up to who's who and what's what will take awhile...I'm on the road most of the time( I drive a tractor-trailer over-the-road) and my laptop is like me...old and slowwwww!

I'm undecided as to whether I will set up an old cruiser that I have or build a trike from scratch (modifying an AZ plan). I guess that I'll make that decision after I've read-up on the board some. I own several DF bikes and three Recumbents, a LWB and a SWB and my Trike...this 80cc kit with be my first motored cycle. I am interestd in seeing some finished trikes with motors! I'm 61 and balance issues are on the horizon.......

Thanks,
    Larry

2. graucho

graucho Active Member

Howdy Larry welcome to the group. If your computer is up to it the Picture gallery has
    about as many bikes as youll find anywhere. You'll get a thousand ideas for your build.
    Enjoy and have fun.

3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi loco; just your handle insures you will fit in and be welcomed in this here outfit. i drove for 40yrs, mostly in ak, ice roaded a lot. i go to a local ta for lunch often. i've seen a lot of bikes strapped to deck but lately i'm seeing motors on them. i wish i had thought of that at the time. all i ever toted for fun was a pocket fisherman but sushi on the side of the road wasn't bad either. enjoy. mitch