Crashes Lucky To Be Alive !

Pepper spray might be useful

Pepper spray in a bear-size cannister you can buy at REI. Plus an airhorn.

When I kayakfished, I always kept an airhorn by my side and occaisionally used it when a motorboat came too close for comfort. Same thing with using a float tube or bike riding. If they can't see you, well, they sure will hear you.:D

I agree with the earlier posts. If there is a leash law get yourself a lawyer and have the negligent dog owner pay your bills. I have a bright Luxeon LED headlight in the front and a decent 12 volt horn on my present bike. And its not even motorized..lol Gotta watch for EVERYTHING these days. :helmet:

Hey guys iam posting my story in hopes that it will help.Just got out of hosptle today well here goes this all started last sunday out for a ride sundays is my day for rides went by a coopple of freinds houses bs and beer left mybe 5 miles form home back country roads and bam! dog out of nowere ditched it at about 30mph knocked out and bleeding so Iam told dont rember much till i got home that nite oner of dog called cops and ems cop said go with ems our go to jail so i went with ems got to hospitle no cop around left walking down street now 10 miles from home my Boss sees me and gives me a ride home says take mon off road rash every where and left ear in bad shape but guts are by far worse so I cant lie flat with out PAIN make it though mon but tues no better girl frend asks if a want to get ckecked out I say yes cant take the PAIN so back to the hosptile I walked away from 2 days ago for and MRI I was in so much PAIN they had to give me somthing just to lie flat for that didnt take long and they talking real quite in the corner then told me i need a trama surgan NOW spline was bleeding now i need to be air lifted to st marys for possable sugary off we go they used a camra and injected dye into my spline bleeding had stoped but wanted to watch me closse two days in ICU and two days in a reg room ive never been poked and proded so much in my life o buy the the whey i was 3 pints low I guess what iam saying is if your hurt get ckecked out i dont have ins. money is not everything ill ride agian but with a lot more safty equ.

That sucks!

I honestly hope you get better soon.

Oh yes that terrific American health care system that lets you die on the street if you don't have health insurance or any method of paying for the hospital care.
A society can be judged by how it treats it weakest and most vulnerable people.

As things stand in Australia, we still have some semblance of a free health care system but the totally irresponsible liberal government will be thrown out at the next federal election and the new conservative government (when elected) will have a huge majority, allowing it to strip the guts out of the free public health care system, with eyes on implementing the disastrous American health care system.

At one point in time, America was looked up to by the rest of the world as a country of virtue and a country that looked after it's citizens; protected it's citizens and cared for it's citizens who worked to build the prosperity of the nation - sadly those days are long gone.

Australia is not too far behind...

I honestly hope you get better soon.

Oh yes that terrific American health care system that lets you die on the street if you don't have health insurance or any method of paying for the hospital care.
A society can be judged by how it treats it weakest and most vulnerable people.

As things stand in Australia, we still have some semblance of a free health care system but the totally irresponsible liberal government will be thrown out at the next federal election and the new conservative government (when elected) will have a huge majority, allowing it to strip the guts out of the free public health care system, with eyes on implementing the disastrous American health care system.

At one point in time, America was looked up to by the rest of the world as a country of virtue and a country that looked after it's citizens; protected it's citizens and cared for it's citizens who worked to build the prosperity of the nation - sadly those days are long gone.

Australia is not too far behind...

Our health care system..hahahaha whata joke.im glad i gotta good paying job with 401k and health insurance..

Back