MB-Riders Always Welcome Here

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by augidog, Feb 6, 2009.

1. augidog

augidog Banned

so, the idea here is: if you're able to host a rider or 2, no matter how primitively or luxuriously, post your location and any other info you'd like about what you have to offer.

i see MB's going every which way, this could be cool :cool2:

for those who don't know it...we have a neat crowd in Ocean Park WA who's always willing to host a rider or group.

here's my personal offering: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=18084
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

hi there augidog and other motorized bikers

if ever in the San Diego area with your motor bike and motorhome

please feel free to stay at Mountainman and Ladies house

your benifits package as a motor bike friend includes the following --

25 mile view of mountain range and large mountain valley
    poo hookups and all elect
    down the 5 mile mountain -- many happy riding mountain country roads
    your cost -- free -- it's the very best we could do at this time

contact Mountainman -- as we ride those THINGS !!!
  3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Absolutely! My accomodations would be on the modest side. But there's a working shower.

A guest would be sleeping on an air mattress on the living room floor. Or a tent in the backyard. Relatively secluded, wooded setting.

Riding conditions here are reasonable.

I'm just across the Illinois River from Peoria IL.

It's hardly an MB mecca. But anyone riding cross country could count on a dry place to sleep and a place to wash up before continuing down the road.
  4. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I'm going to make this thread a sticky

This is great! We can build up a database here of places for MB riders to doss down for the night (or two) if they're traveling.
    In my case, I'm in Quarryville, PA. It's in Lancaster County, about 12 miles south of Lancaster. Although I don't have much extra room in the house, I do have a spare bedroom and there's plenty of room for tents in the side and back yards.
  5. zackwyldefan

zackwyldefan Member

augidog and mountainman, both you guys are doing reall good work. keep it up and god bless ya man! you guy got good hearts.
  6. A-TownTX

A-TownTX Member

hope to gert more

I am new to MBc and am loving it the only thing is I dont have the m oney to keep my hobby or should I say my ride goin. I ride it every where I go I thought about it today bout tryin to get a group here where I live together and jus ride an shoot the well myou know what sayin. I wanna do more but I cant I am loving this site I have talked more on this sit than I did in a chat room anywhere else .
  7. bluegoatwoods

Looks like this idea kinda ran outta gas, A-Town-TX.

Thinking about it, it's not hard to see why. Virtually none of us venture very far from home on these bikes. It makes sense; long distance travel is just not the MB's strong point. It's a pity.

But it's also okay. Thanks to modern technology we know each other and can communicate without the need to globe-trot.
  8. A-TownTX

A-TownTX Member

lose it not

Dont lose hope blue we can do this :cool: just be cool :evilgrin:
  9. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Actually, the idea is alive and well. Some of the older members may remember Augidog and his greatest adventure. He recently left Alaska and is resuming his epic adventure on a mb in Bellingham, Washington. He sent me an e mail inviting anyone interested to follow his trip on his site. http://www.mb-rambler.mysite.com/ He also said to say hi to his old friends.

For myself, I guess I prefer to do my travelling with some creature comforts, but for him, he is living his dream. For Augi, at least, When he rides, the sun shines. I rode today......and got snowed on.
  10. bluegoatwoods

I haven't seen or heard from Augidog in a while. It's too bad. Though, perhaps, a bit volatile he's still a good guy.

And I'm glad he's having fun.

I rode last night in a thunderstorm. Second one this spring!
  11. rawly old

rawly old Member

We ride in the rain most of the year here in western Washington. Maybe that's
    what makes us volatile. Ya need a hot temper just to stay warm. At the top of
    the page, I see "banned" by Augie's name? Much as I have been an annoyance
    to some of this site's senior pundits, I have yet to be awarded that distinction.
    But I digress. If this thread is about organizing group rides, it's a dismal
    Are there no hardcore mb tourers left out there. C'mon spread the word;
    throw a bag, tent, and some panniers on yur ride, and let's all meet in
    Leadville, Colorado on the 4th of July.
    Why heck, we cud all ride on Washington, kick out the incumbents, and
    get us a fresh batch of crooks.
  12. andrewflores17

andrewflores17 New Member

colorado springs colorado

garage full of tools spare parts and bed to crash in if need be .

send me a pm ill set u up would be cool to see a long journey rider
  13. rawly old

rawly old Member

Thx for the invite, Andrew; bin a long time since I was in C sprs. I grew
    up there. Would you believe there were only 40k people there then.
    guess it's around a half million now. Colorado was a much cooler place
    back then, but that's 'progress' for ya. A dirty shame the way the
    aquifers have bin so overtaxed: western slope was much greener then.
    I miss the way it was. I doubt the high country will ever be the same,
    but more bikes and fewer cars might save what's left.:icon_cry:

"Bikes don't kill people; cars kill people."
  14. sixbysix76

sixbysix76 New Member

Meh. I am here because I am looking for fellow riders. if i have to travel a few thousand miles to reach an event so be it. BTW, Any fellow riders in Alberta are welcome at my place anytime. one condition, we ride.
  15. rawly old

rawly old Member

That's good to know Sixby,
    Never know when I'll need political asylum. "Course now ya havta pay to
    leave here.
    Have you ever heard of the 'Tour Divide'? It's a bike race that follows the continental
    divide from Banff to Mexico. We oughta try sumpin' like that on MB's. Allowing that
    I get a head start being so old, that is.
    Fabian likes this.
  16. sixbysix76

sixbysix76 New Member

I have never heard of that no, sounds like fun!! An MB version would be awesome! or a a run to Alaska!? :wheelchair:
  17. rawly old

rawly old Member

It's a 2300 mile race from Banff to Antelope Wells, N.M. on the border. I watched a video
    of one years event on trails & backroads. Brutal! the record is 15 days & some hrs. You
    might google : 'Ride the Divide' & find info. That's a lotta pedaling. Some 40 yr old guy
    from Idaho set the record. Not many even finish.
  18. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

You can easily travel 200 miles per day on a motorized bicycle (including rest breaks, photo opportunities and chitchat between participants) making it a 12 day event day event, or possibly a 14 day event if a couple of engine rebuilds are required along the way.

A 2300 mile ride sounds like my kind of event, even with 6 trailers attached on the back of the bike !!!
  19. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Thanks so very much for bringing that event to my attention because i'm going to enjoy watching the movie.
  20. rawly old

rawly old Member

Maybe you can do 200 mi. a day, but my tail would fall off. I've been
    along much of this route. I'd be 2" shorter from compressed vertibrae
    driving 200 mi in an SUV. There's like a kajillion vertical feet involved as
    well. You'd need at least 8 bhp to climb some of those grades without
    pedaling. The people who ride this event are truly as tough as any
    athletes out there. Assuming my bike held together, I'd be tickled to
    death to make 80 mi a day, but then I'm a brittle old man.