method of adjusting shimano rear derailer

Marry Christmas

To all of you folks who are separated from there families (like me) this year lets hope you can find something no matter how small to keep your sprits up.

Mike Frye the bike guy

Marry Christmas

To all of you folks who are separated from there families (like me) this year lets hope you can find something no matter how small to keep your sprits up.

Mike Frye the bike guy

Mike Frye the bike guy
Yes Mike valid point one has to keep their spirits up at christmas:whistle:
One of my sisters is picking me up this arvo and we are visiting my other sister and her man.
Tomorrow a former workmate is picking me up to have a barby and drinks at another old Riggers place.
All the best Mike the ex is not talking but I can live with that:rolleyes:

update for Mike yesterday I was picked up by one of the guys on we go over the other side of the city for drinks.
I picked up a 3 litre bottle of fruit juice as I gave up drinking a few years back.
Anyway the boys aint into telling stories of old including stories about myself with out me full as a boot.
So they ask me if i remember about 20 years before when this eighty year old lady an I drank a flagon of irish whiskey and I went to sleep in a hammock and the old girls tipped me off the hammock and i woke up and she was astride my face and I opened my eyes to be looking up her dress and she had a wooden leg.
My lucky day made her slow sitting down and I got my face out of there:cry:
Anyway thats a tame story compared to some but they are not all about me:giggle:
So to much spirit and funny things happen. But life is fun at sixty those thing stop happening I hope.
Just New Year

sorry long time to get pics had to buy equipment to process pics

Attachments

• Image000.jpg
    Image000.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 393
  • Image007.jpg
    Image007.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Image014.jpg
    Image014.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 156
  • Image013.jpg
    Image013.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 188
craisin multibike

That looks kind of odd, but I bet its fun. Is it a mountain bike with a slick, or is that a road front fork and wheel?

How do you like riding that narrow tire? I have 26x1.5 or 1.75 slicks and I feel they are barely enough for this heavy bike with a backpack on and locks.

adjusting shimano rear derailleur

if you have a bike stand
get that thing on the stand and work through those gears
someone else can pedal with their hand so as to give you the whole picture
you will easily see which screw stops are for low and high gear
as you play with those things
adjusting them up and down ((a little)) until you see exactly the change

as mentioned above mix matching shifting levers to derailers may not be compatible

MM - The Old Bike Shop Owner --

How right you are ....I've been fighting with the same problem. Tried 4different shifters, one SRAM two Shimano, one twist and 2 thumb shifts. Nothing worked. Changed the gear cluster to a shimano uniglide, 5 speed and am using shimano SIS compatible parts ....still won't work. Changed cables, no good either. I found a derailer specifically labeled for 5 speeds. Will see what that does. I think perhaps part of the problem is the frame on an OCC Chopper is shaped differently and it hits the derailer in the higher gears. Maybe some hang up there but I can feel no resistance. Oddly it seems the thing shifts differently up and down, as if the pull on the cable was different...a real head scratcher. I know from past experience how to adjust these things but this one is just weird. Woody

how are you Happy:cool:no it was a Raleigh with race bars and 28 inch wheels.
It now has a 26 inch wheel on the back and 28 inch on the front
I have riden it without the motor on the road and it handles better than my 21 speed Raleigh MTB
I have a set of MTB front forks t suit 28 inch front wheel they are chrome but the stem needed shortening
hopefully theres a pic of my friends bike it been made a little longer and the front forks are are a mixture of BMX upper and the lower part is off a 26 inch wheeled Huffy
We cheapskates too:santa3:

Attachments

• Image014.jpg
    Image014.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 175
Back