Mitsubishi TLE-43 question

to adjust carb there are two screws on the side of carb the bottom screw which has a flat slot and a top screw which is philips head . the top is the idle screw , the bottom flat head screw is the fuel mixture , close the bottom screw all the way to the right then open it 2 full turns , 2 1/3 is factory setting but 2 is close enough. from there start motor and adjust your idle screw as needed , now under a load you can further fine tune your fuel mixture , if it is slow to pick up then open by turning left 1/4 turn and keep doing that till its were you want it , now at full throttle if the bike 4 strokes or putters at top end and maybe goes faster if you decelerate a bit then you need to lean the mixture turn fuel mixture screw to the right till that's where it should be . you will find a happy medium for your elevation . some hi performance carbs have two fuel mixture screws (walbro) then there are the American version of the Mitsubishi carbs , they have a black screw on the very top for adjusting the jet . the china ones have a brass screw , if you have the brass screw on top DONT TOUCH IT ! when i say under a load , this means ride it , then adjust it , if you pick the back wheel up and rev the motor ,while leaning your fuel mixture screw you can get too many rpms and possibly damage your motor , after you have your carb adjusted the factory suggest that you turn mixture screw to the left 1/4 turn for safety

Last edited:
Today I bought two Autolite #2974 sparkplugs for "The Iron Dragon", my twin-engined monster. When I got home, it took me longer to think about installing the plugs, getting the tools and walking up to the bike.

The plugs are located in an easily accessible location. I could've held my breath and before running outa air, the two sparkplugs were installed.:whistle:

Back