Motor runs poorly without choke

ALEX123

Local time
12:19 PM
Hey everyone. I recently bought a 4 stroke bike kit from ebay and when I start it withl choke it starts reving like crazy and when i remove choke it runs really poorly. I'd apreciate help. Thank y'all

Hey everyone. I recently bought a 4 stroke bike kit from ebay and when I start it withl choke it starts reving like crazy and when i remove choke it runs really poorly. I'd apreciate help. Thank y'all
It will help to know exactly what motor you bought...There is a variety of 4 strokes that are sold and used on motorised bikes and many differences to look for depending on the brand that was bought.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Unfortunately, that description does not give us a brand name on it so hopefully some of our 4 stroke experts just maybe able to help out regardless.

Translation from the German:
4-Stroke 49CC Side Mount Motor Kit Bicycle Gasoline Auxiliary Motor for 26-28 inch DE

Mein Deutsch ist ziemlich eingerostet...lol.

I have never heard of Samger over here in the USA, we do have some members here that may have heard of it though so be patient until one of them comes along that may know something of those motors.

I recently had a problem like that on my 2 stroke. Then I realized that I was operating the choke backwards. Oops

I know the problem was fixed, but sometimes when it will only run on choke it can be a clogged main or pilot jet.

I recently took my mini bike camping, and it wouldn't Ren worth a damn without choke. I pulled the bowl and there was grass in it. I have no idea how it got in there, but it was there. I cleaned it out and put it back together and it still ran like crap. So I took it for a rip with full choke, and it managed to blow out the blockage... problem fixed

Back