Motor runs poorly without choke

I know the problem was fixed, but sometimes when it will only run on choke it can be a clogged main or pilot jet.

I recently took my mini bike camping, and it wouldn't Ren worth a damn without choke. I pulled the bowl and there was grass in it. I have no idea how it got in there, but it was there. I cleaned it out and put it back together and it still ran like crap. So I took it for a rip with full choke, and it managed to blow out the blockage... problem fixed
Ahh, the old run it down the interstate to get the cobwebs out trick, that'll fix it. Bwahahahaha, Confucius say "Yu so funny".
Actually I believe you GW. You'd be surprised how many old timers suggest that very same thing. Our cars go months just making short trips around town. I'll take them out on the highway to get them over 65mph and run them for 20 miles or so. I think it's good for their longevity.

Ahh, the old run it down the interstate to get the cobwebs out trick, that'll fix it. Bwahahahaha, Confucius say "Yu so funny".
Actually I believe you GW. You'd be surprised how many old timers suggest that very same thing. Our cars go months just making short trips around town. I'll take them out on the highway to get them over 65mph and run them for 20 miles or so. I think it's good for their longevity.
Yeah, i was out camping so the only reason I didn't cleaning properly is I only had a small tool kit and no carb cleaner. It was also because I had like 2 hours after work before I went camping to get it running. I had to run chain, fix the brakes, build a piece to pull the axle back, and fix the oil leak. It had sat over winter with fuel in it because the petcock valve was marked wrong. I barely had time to address a stuck float and clogged pilot jet.

Back