Ms460 carb help.

Yes, vibrations are normal, especially on an unbalanced 2 stroke single. Even if you balance the crank it will still do it, all you do is change the rpm point where the misbalance occurs and raising it higher the rpm range than the engine normally operates in.

Yes, vibrations are normal, especially on an unbalanced 2 stroke single. Even if you balance the crank it will still do it, all you do is change the rpm point where the misbalance occurs and raising it higher the rpm range than the engine normally operates in.
I think also my engine is vibrating because of it being to rich on the top end. Need to buy smaller jets.

The piston is too big and heavy, you'll need ten holes in your crank to offset that. :ROFLMAO:
Maybe porting the piston will help reduce some of that weight lol. Honestly I'm happy with how it turned out overall especially since the thing doesn't leak. Again ill look into how I can balance the crank. While I'm at it I'll MAYBE port the piston and cylinder so I don't have to rebalance the crank again later on. Also funny enough with an unbalanced crank and everything, I got it up to 10k rpm (no load) and about 8k with load.

Think I might name the motor "Jankenstein"

Great you have it running well. Just don't rev it up so high, when it starts to vibrate like mad, it is trying to tell you something. In motor speak it is saying back the heck off or I will blow up. Lol.

Back