My BMX build

ok well here it is im new to the forum and the bike isnt quit finished yet though I am expecting maybe this weekend it will get started up for the first time. Only thing stopping it right now is to chop down the drive shaft and to give the guide tube a propper bend to allow it to still spin without any problem. Note though as being the prototype one cant peddle it in this setup you will see in the following pictures.
Also it still needs breaks figured I should mention that haha. But anyways this is it so far

Attachments

• 080313_213900.jpg
    080313_213900.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,604
  • 080313_213930.jpg
    080313_213930.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,067
  • 080313_214002.jpg
    080313_214002.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 667
  • 080313_214023.jpg
    080313_214023.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 695
  • 080313_235358.jpg
    080313_235358.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 772
yeah see thats why I went with the weedeater engine the thing is sideways for the very start so it perfect to fit in the tight frame cause you dont have to worry bout the engine angle as much. I actually already have takin a look at your pics I been roaming round the sight as a guest for awhile so already looked at most hte pictures on this sight haha.

One thing that I am excited about is that with the socket in the propper postion in the rim it sticks out on the drive side a decent amount pretty much serving as the spacer on that side of the wheel. So I was thinking why not take a metal band secure some rubber to it and make a small bracket to hold it all in place with alittle work I think I could have a functional drum style brake.

well heres a few of the things I have been working on exhaust, drive train, and rear axel its all just about finished just gotta make like 2 or 3 custom parts and im good to go. I have prolly the messiest work area considering its a small squar of the living room floor I should have a work shop but my brother who I invited to live here invited one of his buddies to stay here too :mad:

Edit I will post pics later I got 5 minutes to get to work across town you all have a great day bye all

well as its unfolding right now it looks more like a small motorcycle and its actually like a light moped in reality sense it no longer functions as a bike so I figure I will be dodging the police. I should prolly leave the wallet at home on the first trip and if I get pulled over say that im 15 and I built it in the backyard haha being 23 with a baby face has some perks. Kids in highschool look older than I do and I been outta that place for 5 years now haha.

I think the major thing is if the whole drive shaft thing works then its going to be something amazing. When have you ever seen a drive shaft on a bicycle, wait nevermind they make them for bikes already but still this is my own personal monster build I guess. Theres even tools being built into the bike good thing I dont keep a tool box it would be half empty by now. haha well I will post pics soon of the progress.

the gf just had her gall bladder removed yesterday so she is pretty misrable right now :( figure the most I can do is go comfort her a bit.

ehhh heres the pics real quick let me know you all think if you recall the hand drawing of the rear axel setup you can see it in the last 2 pics. The hub on the tire slides over that 3/4 socket there in the pics and gets set with some screws and snugs up against that brass bushing. Can sorta make out the radial bearings in the frame and can see how the drive head attaches to the left side (or right in the pics bike is upside down). also there are going to be some additional plates going on each side of the frame to stiffin it back up from removing all the metal to get the bearings in also it will prevent the bearings from popping outta the frame (there is no way to remove the axel without removing the frame bearings so with the plates in place it should be bomb proof) But yeah thats the setu so far pretty much re-enginered the rear axel didnt I.
But yeah thats the info so far let me know wat you think.

Attachments

• 080318_094735.jpg
    080318_094735.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 080318_094745.jpg
    080318_094745.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 257
  • 080318_150306.jpg
    080318_150306.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 080318_150325.jpg
    080318_150325.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 291
right it is sharpish but its actually straighter than a curved weedwhacker shafter and I have replaced the flex shaft with a thicker flex shaft all thats required with that is making a hex to square coupler to conect the shaft to the engine. and to square the hex on the other end of the shaft to the size of the drive head (got some filing to do working by hand so I can get just that tiny little gap thats required for some locking compound. dont need it comping apart on me.
Then onto that second point its a major point thats one thing I dont know until I try it out it may requie some gearing which would get ran along the rear frame there and with the axle the way it is now its no problem to flop things around and put a gear right on the axle.

I was wondering what kind of frame that originally was? im going for a frame mount bmx design myself and have been looking into an old frame something like http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/diamondback/11124 due to the huge gap.
Troph, read this Crash Course first... and don't forget to introduce yourself in the "introduce yourself" forum.

As for that frame... it'd either be TOO close or impossible. Maybe if you found something that was 33cc or less. Have you considered rack-mounting the engine??

Back