My brothers 2 stroke... top speed

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Toysaresuss, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Toysaresuss

Toysaresuss New Member

sdfsdfs.jpg

Was mine now is his, Top speed is: 75 kph..

:)

2. 46mph with that thing?....?....?don't tell me thats a 44t sproket too.
    You dont even have a shiftkit on there.

3. Toysaresuss

Toysaresuss New Member

Yes indeedy with that thing. And no it had a 26t sprocket when it reached that speed. My brother changed it to a 44t because he has some weight on him.

4. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

46.5 mph. Stock? With that padlock and chain?:eek:

I have some doubts. Perfectly flat, with no tail wind and floppy chain?

Possible, but doubtful. Not many see that speed, even with a pipe and decent mods.

5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Yes... 26t sprocket at 5700rpms would hit that speed.

Lots of pedaling to take of, eh?

Seems much more practical with the 44t sprocket.

6. Toysaresuss

Toysaresuss New Member

It was a perfect night with hardly no wind, The gearing with the motor was change by previous owner, it was on a crappy bike when i brought it off him, so i popped in on a racer frame. probably the reason why it hit that speed. I did peddle at the start but not much.

I sold it to my brother for $100AU. He change it to another bike because he thought it was a death trap on the racer frame, i used it to see how much speed you can reach with them, he uses it as a everyday get around. that why the padlock and chain is on it now.

7. Next time you post a speed also post a pic of the bike the engine was on at the time and the sprocket that you used to reach those speeds.

8. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

with a 26 tooth sprocket, the bike would have NO take off...you would have to peddle it up to probably 15-20 mph and then release the clutch. I can see how it MIGHT hit that speed with a 26 tooth sprocket, but it probably took 1/2 mile to get up to that speed (in my opinion)

9. flashstar

flashstar Member

Yeah, and I got my bike to 55 mph with a 40t sprocket and I don't even need to pedal off of the line....

I apologize but a 26t sprocket would require a LOT of pedalling off of the line. My HT with a 40t sprocket requires that the rider be going at least 6 mph before the engine will even consider starting. I could see how 46 mph would be possible but it would need to be during perfect conditions on a perfectly flat straight away. It would require a lot of pedalling however.

10. Maybe he had the engine and bike in the trunk of his car when he was doing those speeds,lol.

11. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

Congrats! I am sure that thing was screaming!

12. robin bird

robin bird Member

Behind a car by 6 inches with a wind shield you could do it !!

13. Nitropeewee

Nitropeewee Member

Man hope everybodies got thier boots on cause its gettin deep in here!! Ha! Ha!