My first impression of the Grubee SkyHawk GT5A

I also got my GT5A today. Everything is cool except for the styrofoam bits that made their way into both the exhaust and intake ports :eek: I was hoping I wouldn't have to take it apart like 45u was sayin but it looks like I better. The only other nag off the bat is that the gas tank was rusty and had a bent stud. I won't be usin it so I guess it's all good. The quality is definitely a mark above the gasbike and ebay kits I have. I can't wait to get it all goin. Just waitin on a couple more parts and my Skyhawk build will be complete!

I might check out that carb. I just love the simplicity of the Dellorto Clone I have now. I don't have any problems after I rejetted to a leaner jet.

Yes they are OK but there is not any low speed adjustment. Check out Jaguar web site.

arrow sells balanced race motors

I talked to these folks about balancing cranks and after talking to them I will pass and do my own. They could not answer my questions. They went up about $15 on the whole kit and still cheaper then anyone else.

I talked to these folks about balancing cranks and after talking to them I will pass and do my own. They could not answer my questions. They went up about $15 on the whole kit and still cheaper then anyone else.
it's just a trade secret kind of thing. they've had issues in the past with people stealing their designs and so like many sellers are keeping their modifications a closely guarded secret. what did you ask? they're not going to tell you the balance factor or port timings or anything like that because for all they know you're some chinaman trying to steal their designs again.

it's just a trade secret kind of thing. they've had issues in the past with people stealing their designs and so like many sellers are keeping their modifications a closely guarded secret. what did you ask? they're not going to tell you the balance factor or port timings or anything like that because for all they know you're some chinaman trying to steal their designs again.

The person I talked to did not have a clue.

I sold the gt5a motor it was ok but when i hit 30 it was vibrating too much. Where can i buy a motor thats already balanced.

Arrow cheapest motor is $350 that is just the motor, carburetor and air filter. I see their contact page is still down so I do not know how you get in touch with them.

Back