My first impression of the Grubee SkyHawk GT5A

I love my first impression of my skyhawk!!! Everything is better quality. Intake is 2x the size of all my eBay kits!!! Only problem (which is kinda my fault) I have a wide front mount motor and I have a small frame bike soooo.... Idk what I will do about that. Probably cut out a spacer. I also got a 48 tooth sprocket with my kit but that's going on the shelf since I have an old 41 laying around:). My kit was pretty clean on the cylinder other than a little bit of styrofoam lol

The exhaust port was round instead of oblong... Little bit of porting will fix that if it doesn't perform very well.

I'll end up cutting the exhaust since it has all epa shizz clogging everything up. Straight pipes for life ;)

The gas tank is also larger than fleabay kit

Front engine mounts are 9/16? (A lot larger than reg 10mm)

Almost all nuts are stop nuts

3 prong spark plug

Doesn't have that stupid white wire coming from mag.
My grubee is a 2015 model (supposed to rev higher and have a better balanced crank)

I'll order another one of these kits in the future iff this one turns out good

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 146
I went ahead and got one of matts motors at motor works ill see how this one turns out

Cool that is how mine came other then the internal problems. Did not try the 3 prong plug as I think it is made by the same people that made the one prong. Will not go into it but in my opinion there is no need for more then one but keep us posted. Have you drove it yet? Best of luck and please keep us posted.

I went ahead and got one of matts motors at motor works ill see how this one turns out

Did you try and email them at Motorized Bicycle USA? Thomas and I worked things out have some work to do but always returned my emails and we exchanged a lot. He was very fair. I would think he would send you another one. Would not take much to drill and tap yours.

Have a temporary wheel with a 44tooth to get motor broke in easier.
Found a peice of an old project that I'm going to cut for the front mount, seems like it works well.
Going to have to bend the left hand crank and maybe exhaust. Have to work on my inframe gas tank a little but after that should be good for first run.
Bike is really comfortable with that Italian made seat that took a month to get the dang thing:)

Coming together, trying not to skip over anything important.... Oh forgot the chain;) lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 142
Got motor kit on and run decent being stock. About a 5 minute test ride (with no brakes due to clearance issues) would pull me up hills that my eBay kits wouldn't. Sounds better too (idk why lol) then got bored with stock so I yanked jug off and ported the exhaust to a more oblong shape threw on a old HP head off an old build, some type of used chainsaw champion spark plug, and yippy kye yay I had me one fast MB :D

Would pull me up any hill I wanted without having to pedal... Actually about layed it over on my driveway. 2x as much power as all other kits... Bike will spin tires on gravel with throttle pinned, never even had this happen on my old 50 Honda pitbike lol

So far so good. If all skyhawk motors run this good I'm buying 3 :)..... Love it!!! Knock on wood ;). Try and keep this bike together since it's my show bike.... Key words, try

I'll eventually throw my MZMIAMIPARTS expansion chamber on it but not till i find a high heat paint that will match my bikes awesome looking patina.
I'm still in break in so no top speed runs yet

Thanks, she's coming along.... Pretty fast at too :)
Going to end up putting my other white tire on the back. Those extra thick Slime filled tubes have a slight vibration at about 20mph.

This engine is super smooth at any speed. I didn't get to do speed runs due to my phone being dead (had that happen more than once:()
But seems like it can keep up with traffic on a 35MPH zone... Bikes running a whole lot of rich lol

Four strokes at 1/4-3/4 throttle but for some reason this NT carb doesn't have any notches on the needle. Only reason why it doesn't four stroke at full throttle is because the air filter is off (mainly for looks)

Speaking of that, what size is stock jet and what size should i go to if my plug looks like this

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 130
Back