My first Mb is going to be a recumbent

Looking good !!!

I'm glad I finally got back to this thread. The outside bearing on the drive roller is awesome. (and the disengaging lever, too)

Ditto....Hey ElmoO, you are a "classic fiddlin' genius".

Have you toured much of the Natchez Trace yet? That has been one of my goals, to do the entire stretch.

How many miles is that scenic road?

Thank you for the kind words Bama. It just kind of fell together for me. I havent rode the Trace on a bicycle But have in a car. The futherest I have been was 50 miles on a pedal bike. Like you it has been my dream to do the whole Trace on a bike. Several years ago I trained hard so I could do 125 to 135 miles in a day. My buddy and I were going to ride from the north end back to Natchez and our wives would ride sag in the van. When the time for the ride arrived I was very ill and couldn't go. My buddy made the trip in three and one half days. That is 447 miles from Nashville, TN to Natchez, MS.
It is a beautiful ride. The whole trace is complete now and you never have to get on public roads except for gas and food. There is only one gas station on the whole 447 mile stretch.

I do not know how the park rangers would react to a motorized bike. I have been doing some riding on this end and have only seen 1 ranger and he didn't pay me any attention. The Park Rangers have a reputation but I reckon some people put them to the test. The speed limit is 50 mph on most of the Trace and no commercial traffic is allowed. Most drivers on the Trace are used to a fair amount of bicycle traffic and give you plenty of room. We always take the right tire track on the road and people pass us like we were a car.

Bama I envy you your travels and I have read pretty much all your narritives on this site. If you ever decide to ride the Trace let me know and maybe we can do it together or at least some of it.
Elmo

Last edited:
A couple of pics from my last ride on the Natchez Trace.
Elmo

Attachments

• EMRALD MOUND 1.JPG
    EMRALD MOUND 1.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 340
  • EMRALD MOUND 2.JPG
    EMRALD MOUND 2.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 338
  • TRACE 1.JPG
    TRACE 1.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 345
  • TRACE 2.JPG