My Long-Ride The Alaskan Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibdennyak, try Fluid Film if you can get it. You will not be disappointed.
It will not freeze, kills rust on contact, protects from further rusting, resists water wash out, the list goes on.....
Use a cable luber to first flush out all the previous crud and lube with brake cleaner.
Let brake cleaner dry, then use Fluid Film.
http://fluid-film.com/
http://motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0182/

Sounds good. I like their cable lubricator too....especially if lubing on a daily basis. Got some on order....if it works, this would be worth a thread of its own! Thanks for the tip.

The Mendenhall Glacier is less than a 3 mile ride from my house. Some folks might have considered the temp a tad bit nippy but the absolutely gorgeous day beckoned for a scoot. At top speed I experienced "brain-freeze" from the freezing cold air blowing through the vents in my helmet. Thems that knows me thinks it's my natural state of being :geek:. "No pain, no gain", ain't for me no more!! I whimpered :cry: & was happy to return for the warmth of the garage. As described, the sun was low over the mt. tops & blindingly direct in our eyes on the putt back home. To see required using my hand to shield my eyes for the road & traffic ahead. When can we do it again Augi? c-m

Last edited:
lol!

looks like cargo-master gets it!

thanks for the ride, friend :cool:

Augi,
Been only recently following your excellent adventure and was bummed to find out you were sitting a few miles away from me in Bellingham and sounded like cooling your heels. You should have called and we could have hung out and gone for a ride or two as well. Could have also offered a shower, brew and some grub. If you have time on your way back and are coming through Bham give me a holler. The offer is on the table.

hey it's good seeing you here, Ghost...over 50 pages that's a lot of catching up, hope you enjoyed the thread so far. so, i'm back down your way in may, i would love to visit & ride. maybe i could time something with "robin bird" too. anyways, i'll keep you posted as the time draws nearer.

how cool, another MBthing to look forward to :cool:

Last edited:
ok. during the veteran's day thing, i made friends with "t & a" (stop it, they're a married couple) he's a miner she has children in the service. so, he's underground at nite, sometimes i join her for drink or two make sure she gets home ok. they took me to a thanksgiving buffet yesterday, a good frienship is growing. he won a 30yo-class mountain-biking event back when he was 40...when he first saw sabrina-2 he stared silently for half an hour. we'll see.

so, tonite we're at "teals" about 1/2mi of icy walk from home. when i can get a decent pic of the "duck-butts" i'll tell you more. anyways, i'm shooting pool with a new buddy (retired army ranger, he called me a "sea-bag" never heard that one before, but i kicked his behind in 8-ball so what do i care?) and i look up to see a "familiar" face at the bar, nodding at me...go back about 20 pages to see when i helped move the gunsafe...i swear, it's JAY from haines! he's here to get his floats from storage. holy moly the wild-turkey was flowing tonite. my friend from haines & my friends in juneau got along enormously well. folks, i don't care how you get to alaska, just ya gotta find a way to GET TO ALASKA!!

'nuff sed :cool:

Attachments

• Photo11261940.jpg
    Photo11261940.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 332
huh...looks like someone had a good time last nite. but y'all know, it's not about running into friends in bars...it's about walking up the road, and being dumbstruck, again & again, by the constantly changing scenery :cool:

Attachments

• Photo11270914.jpg
    Photo11270914.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 296
Heh heh, Augi, that's about the norm for here. Society is pretty fluid. Got a story that will top that I think even. I had been here about 6 months, when I went back to Minnesota to tie up a few loose ends including doing a job I had agreed to. I came back, and after working for a year or so, I was sitting in a bar with my partner and several friends I had known for pretty much the whole time. One of them was a lady that was part of the *circle*. As I was *solving the worlds problems* I mentioned Lefty Schlagel. The lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked "who"? I said Lefty Schlagel.....you know him? She said, "yeah, that's my Dad". :eek:

thank you all for sharing this adventure with me, it was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back