My new build frictin drive

Discussion in 'Friction Drive' started by mog, Mar 28, 2016.

1. mog

mog New Member

Just posting a pic of my new bike build. Honda motor. Roadbug conversion kit. $160 Raleigh single speed beach cruiser. Melbourne Australia. 20160329_155031.jpg

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Great looking friction build. Engine is a GX-30?

3. mog

mog New Member

Thanks Wheelbender6 , yes l am pretty happy with it . The motor is Honda GX35.
    Regards
    Mog

4. bikejock

bikejock Member

Nice build man. I don't see friction drives on crusiers much. Most people use crusiers for in frame engine builds. I use the same engine you got on my mountain bike. Runs great for it's size.

5. mog

mog New Member

Thanks Mate yes l am very happy with it . Used the cruiser style cause dont really need gears , just single speed
    Flat here in the suburbs , no hills . . Also nice and comfy with big seat and fat tyres . .

6. skyash

skyash Active Member

So the hole kit was $160 iam in Melbourne Vic I want one

7. mog

mog New Member

$160 bike only..

8. skyash

skyash Active Member

O well I was wishing

9. mog

mog New Member

Yeah fair enough . All up cost was around $790 from memory .

10. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

wonder how long it will be until melbourne jumps on the bandwagon and bans them down there as well? must be a first! usually its vic that has the silly laws and everyone else copies them... not this time.

batmania :p

11. skyash

skyash Active Member

Well thay try to get you even if the motors off 4 in the morning me and my mates get pulled up no question asked here's a fine for un registered no rode worthy motorbike. $1200 Then I got cort speeding then got told not to ride on the rode but on the footpath even though I told the cop iam in a bike lane then I got pulled up by the Sargent 7 years in hiway department. And he got my number and said he would call me to tell me what will happen.I was doing 58 kmh in a 60 zone. And he did thanks to the pedals it's a push bike but now they say they will diyno it and if it's over 200w it's a motorbike. But by law all you need is one front brake and lights. Vic is a nanny state

12. skyash

skyash Active Member

If thay can thay will fine you. But fight it and most the time you get off like me. Kids just take it and pay. But I don't see y I can't have a v8 on my handlebars and rev it as much as I like. Then what coper.

13. bikejock

bikejock Member

On my rout I gotta deal with inclines (two bridges with steep connections) so gears are a must for me. I could pedal a one speed up those hills but its pretty exhausting & hard on my legs.

On the plus side my fastest speed reached on a good flat road using my GX35 friction drive at full throttle was about 27 mph using a 1:34 drive roler on a 29 wheel with street tires.