My old school creation!

Hi, It started out as a Huffy Beach Cruiser that I bought at a Thrift Store for $15 and it kind of got out of control from there. The fuel tanks are old pump style fire extinguishers from the early 1900's and has kersone lanterns from the late 1800's which have been bulbed and wired for light along with sirens from the 50's that run off a 6 volt battery and Power Wheels motors. The sidecar started life at another Thrift Store as a pull behind cart that a small child would ride in behind a parents bike and it went from there. The sidecar frame is wooden covered with canvas and sealed. I don't know why I built it except just to see if I could and with a lot of trial and error I got what you see. My Very First motorcycle show I went to I won "First Place" in the antique class and won "Best Fabrication" of the entire show! I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out, what do you think? Coming soon are pictures of my son's OCC Stingray bike which is where all this really got started. By the way thats him riding in the sidecar in the Avatar while it was in the cardboard mockup stage!
3023_my_bike_5.jpg

3023_my_sidecar4_5.jpg

3023_PDR_0236_5.jpg

3023_wood_frame_5.jpg

3023_PDR_0067_5.jpg

3023_PDR_0068_2.jpg

3023_PDR_0531_6.jpg

3023_PDR_0566_2.jpg

3023_PDR_0556_1.jpg

3023_PDR_0565_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Took some old Retro pics I thought someone might like to see!

Attachments

• My Antique pics 006.jpg
    My Antique pics 006.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 441
  • My Antique pics.jpg
    My Antique pics.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 442
  • My Antique pics 005.jpg
    My Antique pics 005.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 425
  • My Antique pics 004.jpg
    My Antique pics 004.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 406
Took some old Retro pics I thought someone might like to see!

First I need to say that I love the bike and sidecar. The old tintype prints are awesome beyond words ... to get as close as possible ... the wide one is now my computer background. :D

I need to build a sidecar. I love the look and your craftsmanship is over the top. Did you cover the car like a fabric airplane? Good job with the pic in sepia, looks like time travel to me, the way back machine, LOL. Have fun, Dave

Thanks for all the comments guys! Yes I covered the sidecar with Black Canvas and used a combination of thinned contact cement and exterior wood glue to seal it.

Lynn

Back