My second build begins

I got my bike on the road. I rode it up and down the street, then I realized my rear bearing wasn't tighten and it caused a bad wobble in the rear. I got it tighten and took it on a 2 mile ride, I'm about to run back home and hopefully all is well. The only thing I can tell you is the cnc chain tensioner I bought isn't worth the money and doesn't work. That's what I get for ordering a purdy part 😆

I know, I couldn't get it all the way, even with half links. I put in a chain tensioner to take the rest of the slack out.
I don't know why it is so hard for some to do this...I just put the wheel loosely in the drop outs without tightening the wheel in place, adjust the chains so that when I push the wheel back and forth in the drop outs, I can see where it is tight or too loose, add or pull links accordingly and tighten the axles into the drop outs where the chains have no more than a half inch bounce...Works everytime for me and I have still never had to use a half link yet...lol.

I don't know why it is so hard for some to do this...I just put the wheel loosely in the drop outs without tightening the wheel in place, adjust the chains so that when I push the wheel back and forth in the drop outs, I can see where it is tight or too loose, add or pull links accordingly and tighten the axles into the drop outs where the chains have no more than a half inch bounce...Works everytime for me and I have still never had to use a half link yet...lol.
My guess is it's the dimensions of the frame and where my rear engine mount is.

Back