New Bofeng carb

If your running the BoFeng carby, then these are the jets that fit it, They are not the same OD diameters as the normal kit version NT carby's...DAMIEN

For future reference, these jet's are actually from Keihin. Jet number: 99101-124 or 99101-zf5.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
somewhere in this thread or another thread about bofeng carburetors, i read that the thread size is about 6.9mm or 7mm. right?

Bofeng carb' main jet 7mm.jpg

somewhere in this thread or another thread about bofeng carburetors, i read that the thread size is about 6.9mm or 7mm. right?

View attachment 193857
Same as Keihin carbs and most non branded motorcycle carbs. Cv carbs from the 80's all use the same size jets for the most part too. Haven't come across a cv carb that doesn't use them. See my post on Bofeng carbs for more info.

here is a link to find most sizes. https://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carburetor_type/a_jet_kits_keihin_selection.htm

if you know exactly what you want, amazon and ebay are your friend, if not, this site will help you find what you need at the very least. I find it's better to spend more from a source that gives you the info you need, than to spend less from one that doesn't give a toot. Extra money is more then worth the customer support provided by informed sellers/companies vs no support at all.
I think they are 8mm, but I'm pretty drunk right now, shoulder pain, beer kills some of it, it's why I say see my testing post on bofeng, vs speed, vs nt. Bofeng is the clear winner.

Just received my jrl Bofeng carb. Very impressed for the $10 tag. Designed just like the NT speed carb but with great improvements. Start of by saying the metal quality is way better actual aluminum casting not the pewter or pot metal like the NT carbs.. the clamp and intake flange ar 3times thicker less likely to leak. The inside of the carb is all polished and very smooth. The NTs are not. The front inlet is tapered unlike the NTs inlet. The overflow hole is raised much higher aswell. The slide is thicker with a good tensile spring. The needle is sharp tapered with 5 notches just like the NT carb. However the notches are closer together on the Bofeng making it easier for fine adjusting. The Bofeng has a spring loaded fuel cutoff spike and a spring loaded fuel drain that is also magnetic. Fuel bowl is deeper and less likely to overflow due to the shape of the float and hight of overflow valve. The cap is equiped with a rubber boot for cables and it also has a flat polished inner top so it seals air out when u put the cap on. First opinion is that it is way better than the NTs in all aspects. Only downside I see is it has a built in emulsions tube It will be a couple days before I can install it and ride. But when I do I'll be sure to post View attachment 156867View attachment 156869View attachment 156870View attachment 156871View attachment 156872View attachment 156873View attachment 156874View attachment 156875View attachment 156876View attachment 156877
Ahoy Jayraye! PM sent:)-Gearhead437

Dear Fellow Gearheads-I could not find a carburator O-ring in the BoFeng carb that I received. I asked around and one suggestion was to go to O'Reilly's, bring the carb, and have them find an O-ring that fit. They did not have that many O-ring's to choose from and the one SAE one that they picked out of the $12.00 Doorman assortment was a close fit, but I don't want to buy the entire package for one O-ring. While removing that O-ring, I discovered another O-ring nested inside the carb. It was very well hidden. The E-Bay add did not list the O-ring as included , nor did they mention it in any other comms. Communication-whuttaconcept! I would like to buy 2 more O-rings from them as spares, and I measured 20mm OD, 16.5-17mm ID and 2mm width. Not sure of the composition either-Gearhead437

Dear Fellow Gearheads-I could not find a carburator O-ring in the BoFeng carb that I received. I asked around and one suggestion was to go to O'Reilly's, bring the carb, and have them find an O-ring that fit. They did not have that many O-ring's to choose from and the one SAE one that they picked out of the $12.00 Doorman assortment was a close fit, but I don't want to buy the entire package for one O-ring. While removing that O-ring, I discovered another O-ring nested inside the carb. It was very well hidden. The E-Bay add did not list the O-ring as included , nor did they mention it in any other comms. Communication-whuttaconcept! I would like to buy 2 more O-rings from them as spares, and I measured 20mm OD, 16.5-17mm ID and 2mm width. Not sure of the composition either-Gearhead437
Did you check the plumbing dept at Home depot?

Dear Fellow Motorheads,
Finally got the time to reattach my intake tube with a new gasket and Hondabond. Used this on my Grubbee 49cc Cranbrook Motobike with great results. Found out the hard way that there are two different intake tube gaskets advertised as fitting the 66/80cc motors!;) Will attach carb with O-ring next weekend, as Hondabond takes 48 hours or so to cure and I don't want to do this on a work day. You'all can see the clutch lever that needed repressing to change the travel, as the cable travel was way too close to the clutch cable support when bucking bar fully actuated. Will keep you'all updated:)-Gearhead437

Attachments

• thumbnail_20240224_162413.jpg
    thumbnail_20240224_162413.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 23
Gearhead, get some of the green silicon o rings if you can find them, they are more resistant to the fuel.
I had put one of the black rubber ones from a cheap kit and it just dissolved and disappeared, sucked through the motor.

Gearhead, get some of the green silicon o rings if you can find them, they are more resistant to the fuel.
I had put one of the black rubber ones from a cheap kit and it just dissolved and disappeared, sucked through the motor.
Your referring to viton o-rings but they can be any color I believe.

Back