new e-strech

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by bikeman6969, Mar 3, 2010.

1. bikeman6969

bikeman6969 Member

this is my new bike i put togeather today it goes pretty good

Attached Files:

2. gnflyby

gnflyby Member

Great work brother!!!

3. habcores

habcores New Member

I like the looks and the build- simple, clean lines and very functional. Nice work. None of my business, but what is a ballpark cost of this type of setup.? What size hub motor did you get? Thanks. I am busy with a pusher but have a 2 wheel recumbent I would like to try your set up on.

4. graucho

graucho Active Member

Great ride. Looks very cool with the ape hangers on it.

I have an electric front hub on one of my choppers also. I've been warned about using the front electric hub with aluminum forks. I hear the welds are not as strong as steel and the welds have broke and caused serious injury. This spring I am going to install extra axle/fork supports just in case. So far I have hundreds of miles on mine with zero problems. Well anyways, you may have heard this before... but just a heads up to keep you safe.____ Once again bikeman... great bike have fun!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  5. azbill

azbill Active Member

nice build...I like stretches ;)
    hub motors also have enough torque to spread the dropouts !!!

6. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Nice build. Where did you get that finned battery case?

7. bikeman6969

bikeman6969 Member

8. Stoney

Stoney Member

Hey,
    His forks are actually steel. If you go to his sight, he has a video describing the bike and a short test drive. Looks good!

9. bikeman6969

bikeman6969 Member

Here is a movie of my e-bike on YouTube. Thanks for watching...let me know what you think.

10. graucho

graucho Active Member

Great Bike! What I said about the aluminum forks in a previous post... "never mind" HaHaHa. I may have to switch to steel also. These quiet ninja bikes are a lot of fun aren't they.

11. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Now that is nice.