New member w/ Honda GX35 staton chain drive on Nuvinci hub

These pics are of the new frame and several components. i picked up the handlebars for all of the space for additional gauges and lights. The throttle and dual pull brake handle combo is nice but there wasnt a built in kill switch as it appeared on the site but so far im still satisfied. still shopping for a fuel tank that i like, ill probably just end up using a large happytime tanks for its range. im pretty excited about that opti-2 oil as well.

i dont understand why, and after editing the photos, the pics keep uploading upside down... =/

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 345
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 331
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 313
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
These pics are of the new frame and several components. i picked up the handlebars for all of the space for additional gauges and lights. The throttle and dual pull brake handle combo is nice but there wasnt a built in kill switch as it appeared on the site but so far im still satisfied. still shopping for a fuel tank that i like, ill probably just end up using a large happytime tanks for its range. im pretty excited about that opti-2 oil as well.

i dont understand why, and after editing the photos, the pics keep uploading upside down... =/

Your engine was smoking a bit when I last saw it. The Opti-2 should help.

Keep us posted, Rick!

Well it looks like ill be hunting for a new method of driving the motor to the hub. I cant get the parts i need in a timely manner so im on the search for a new drive method, sigh... Kind Of heartbreaking really, i really liked the staton gear box, but after several Phone calls, voice mails, and emails just to get some parts shipped ive given up on the lack of customer service :/ any suggestion for a dual suspension rear rack mount On a nuvinci hub?

I broke the drive shaft housing that holds the clutch bell and 12 tooth gear. Imagine a 78mm window into the inside of the gear box where the clutch drum used to be... I was having issues with the drum being a little loose so I went to take it apart (destroying it in the process) discovering there was only one bearing inside of the shaft housing where there should have been two. I was told by Stanton that that was not possible but pictures show that there was never a second bearing where there should have been with the way the grease was built up. I didn't have a problem with any of that but after several weeks of constant communication, he seems to have just disappeared. I told him money is not an issue and that I had a list of parts I needed and that he need not worry about receiving any parts for repair, I would simply purchase them myself and do the work, to save time. Well, time has run out and I'm off to work again without having had the chance to ride this season. =( I still have yet to hear back from him after he told me he would have written up an invoice a couple days after we had spoken last and that was over a week ago. I read some of the other posts about how difficult it is to run such a business but something as simple as a canned message like "I'll get to you ASAP" via email would be enough to suffice. Perhaps my expectations are a bit high, but these days we seem to be working harder and harder for our money... If I'm being unreasonable please let me know.

I broke the drive shaft housing that holds the clutch bell and 12 tooth gear. Imagine a 78mm window into the inside of the gear box where the clutch drum used to be... I was having issues with the drum being a little loose so I went to take it apart (destroying it in the process) discovering there was only one bearing inside of the shaft housing where there should have been two. I was told by Stanton that that was not possible but pictures show that there was never a second bearing where there should have been with the way the grease was built up. I didn't have a problem with any of that but after several weeks of constant communication, he seems to have just disappeared. I told him money is not an issue and that I had a list of parts I needed and that he need not worry about receiving any parts for repair, I would simply purchase them myself and do the work, to save time. Well, time has run out and I'm off to work again without having had the chance to ride this season. =( I still have yet to hear back from him after he told me he would have written up an invoice a couple days after we had spoken last and that was over a week ago. I read some of the other posts about how difficult it is to run such a business but something as simple as a canned message like "I'll get to you ASAP" via email would be enough to suffice. Perhaps my expectations are a bit high, but these days we seem to be working harder and harder for our money... If I'm being unreasonable please let me know.

Rick, you are unreasonable.....to think you're gonna get what you need.

I have TWO Staton gearboxes with your name on it.:D

PM me.

Back