lowridr

Local time
8:28 PM
Hello everybody:
I just joined and have not had the chance to browse the sight yet.
After 50 years I find myself interested in modifying bicycles.
I cut up a mountain bike and a BMX bike and built a recumbent.
Got a little carried away though. It's 8ft long. It has been fun.
I first saw motorized bikes on the net and thought this would be fun. So I ordered a conversion kit from Bike Berry. I think it will be difficult to mount on the recumbent so I looked around for something ells. I found an old trike that needs resuscitation.
So, I'm going to be needing a lot of help and here I am.
Thank you
Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, Lowridr, and welcome to the Forums at MBs. I'm sure you will find all of the help you need right here...but first, read, read, read. Then, start to ask questions.

I'm sure we all would like to see a picture of that 8 ft. recumbent! That must be awsome. Also, we'd like to see some pics of that trike (I ride a trike, too.) That way we could formulate some suggestions for you in case you run into a few snags along the way...which I'm sure you will. Take care and start looking around and reading threads.
PatrickW

8 ft Recumbent

Thanks for the welcome. Here is photos of the Recumbent. I will get some of the Trike.
Pictures did not work.Next post has some.

Last edited:
8FT Recumbent

I have attached 2 pictures of the recumbent.
Hope I did it write.

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 123
Found the craigs list photo of the Trike. $40

Attachments

• 3nf3k13l45Q35S55R0b2qe87a007a54c514eb.jpg
    3nf3k13l45Q35S55R0b2qe87a007a54c514eb.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 86
hey, that recumbent ain't that bad. :D Should have seen my first tadpole....so heavy I considered using it as a dozer. Cars were crashing in to each other to stay away from me. Heck, the bus company asked if I could put a rack on the front to carry the buses around.

That recubent looks excellent, and is a real piece of work. It somehow reminds me of the lines by Crocodile Dundee: "Knife? Ya call that a knife? Now, 'ere's a Knife, Mate! (As he pulls out his 20" Bowie Knife.)"
And, the trike looks quite doable. I'm sure you will come out with something outstanding!

"Knife" I like that. Knife it is. Now I just need to get all the gears adjusted, mount mirrors and the swivle drink holder. Lets not forget the motor. Think I will need to make a mount above the rear wheel for that, or maybe a 1000 watt hub motor run on 48 volts.
On the trike I was thinking about flattening the main tube a little to give it some stretch with a raked springer.
What do you think?

Last edited:
It sounds like you just might just be a man with a plan. We should be careful not to disturb a man with a plan...I'll get back to you later, and see how things are going...K?

Last edited:
Back