New rice burner lover from Maryland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by a/c man, Jul 26, 2009.

1. a/c man

a/c man Member

I am so grateful to all you experienced guys for sharing an incredible amount
    of info that helped me so much building my bike.
    Started building a 1988 Huffy (American made,one of the last years) back in April.Gas bike 80. Have done a lot of mods, most original stuff with kit is ****
    Highlights include pb-1 pocket bike pipe, ufo air filter,#41 chain,SBP wire and boot,urethane wheel chain tensioner,Champion L86C plug,Fram G1 fuel filter real fuel lines,Grade 8 mounting hardware, cloud 9 seat,lots of other stuff .
    I have been recently been port matching and doing port timing mods as per egors awesome posts.
    2 stroke engines have always been in my blood. Still own a Yam RD 400 since 1978. Am gonna posts picture as soon as I figure out how. looking forward to being part of this crowd

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Those were great days when the Yamaha RDs and Kawasaki triples rumbled the roads.

3. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

rice burner huh... do you speak Honda???

4. a/c man

a/c man Member

I grew up with the old yamaha enduros, loved all Japanese 2 strokes. Best buddy rode the coolest Kaw 750 triple with 3 into 1 expansion chambers.
    Unbelievable!! Pretty much gave up riding as per wife and kids until finding
    this as a new "safe" hobby. Just now realizing that riding is as much fun as building. Still a kid at heart at 50. Grow old but don't give up you dreams