New ride

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by Hardcarve1, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Hardcarve1

Hardcarve1 Guest

Just finished testing my new ride with a 50k ride that went great.
    I used my old Honda 35cc and Staton gear box and did some alterations to alter the position of the engine closer to the seat. I also wanted the mount for the gearbox altered to better take the load from the output shaft on the gear box.
    I used the mounting brackets for the frame as tourque brackets for the NuVincci hub rather than bolt the ugly Staton ones on. The frame is made out of 304 S/S as I live on the bay and will be polished after a bit more testing.
    While my 60k trip to & from work on m conventional Staton with Honda 50 is still a little quicker, this system allows the Honda 35 to make up a lot of ground due to better acceleration. The 50 will go on soon though.

The sproket gearing 22t - 36t gives a top speed of about 47kmh a lot down on the 50 which I can get mid 60's.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      File size:
      93.9 KB
    • 002.jpg
      File size:
      87.1 KB
    • 003.jpg
      File size:
      115.1 KB
    • 004.jpg
      File size:
      69.6 KB

2. s_beaudry

s_beaudry Member

Nice setup and build you did!
  3. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Looks good ! It is good to see you installed this on a good bike, rather than a WallyWorld $69 junker.
  4. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Thats a very interesting way to set it up. You will like the NuVinci especially if you do any off roading like I do. Nice job now all it needs is some paint :)
  5. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

absolutely fantastic outside the box concept, great execution. novel and solid functionality combined.

you deserve to be proud of that.

6. rossfree

rossfree Member

Very clean... I don't like all the strong-arm framework that goes with the Staton kit. Your changes make it very clean and simple. CUDOS!

Makes me want to go Staton for the first time!

7. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Props, I agree. One of the cleanest installs w/Staton gb I've seen. Wish you lived near me, I'd be over all the time. :lol:
  8. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Looks very well done - staton is always a little over engineered, but I spose better safe than sorry..

hope you enjoy riding it

Jemma xx
  9. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

nice work on a good loking MB

enjoy many - many safe miles of MB riding

Ride That Thing - Mountainman