New Wheel, belt problems

Vuit

Local time
1:51 AM
I recently got a new wheel for my 99 WC-1 and I've got it on but I can't seem to get the belt tight enough to turn the motor, Do i need a different belt? I keep trying to tighten it but its never enough, ive tried pulling the tire back but it's already been as far as it'll go, I don't know what to do next, I would really appreciate some help

Attachments

• 20230903_153424.jpg
    20230903_153424.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 20230903_153428.jpg
    20230903_153428.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 80
Rear Belt AX62,
Front Belt A27/4L290

You could try and move the engine forward a little to make the rear belt tighter
You'll have to take the belt off the pulley to move the motor

But actually your clutch spring looks like it got all stretched out
That could reduce the tension that ya need

update: I was able to get it running with a new belt but it's lacking power, I don't believe its the engine since it was rebuilt only a few months ago, is it possible to adjust it further? or do i have the wrong type of belt?
Rear Belt AX62,
Front Belt A27/4L290

You could try and move the engine forward a little to make the rear belt tighter
You'll have to take the belt off the pulley to move the motor

I believe you, but my dad says that it wont make a difference, he's insisting on putting a smaller sprocket that came with the wheel on it so we can move the wheel back further, we took it off because the chain was way too loose and wouldn't stay on
20230903_174440.jpg

Attachments

• 20230903_174445.jpg
    20230903_174445.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 59
update: I was able to get it running with a new belt but it's lacking power, I don't believe its the engine since it was rebuilt only a few months ago, is it possible to adjust it further? or do i have the wrong type of belt?

I believe you, but my dad says that it wont make a difference, he's insisting on putting a smaller sprocket that came with the wheel on it so we can move the wheel back further, we took it off because the chain was way too loose and wouldn't stay on
View attachment 198113
You got the correct length belt except, Whizzer used an AX toothed style belt = AX62 on the drive side of the clutch
But since the Whizzer pulleys aren't toothed, I guess a regular V belt will be fine
Tooth belts run cooler, wrap around smaller pulleys better and used where there is a demand for more power

64" is the outside circumference
62" is the inside circumference

View attachment 198113
I guess that's one way to try and tackle a loose rear belt, but like I told ya your clutch spring looks stretched
Paul will have the Clutch Spring

The clutch spring is what pulls the clutch arm up to put the correct tension on the belts If that spring is stretched out it won't put the correct tension on the belts

I believe you, but my dad says that it wont make a difference,
Compare my clutch spring to your clutch spring
See how the coils on my clutch spring are all evenly spaced as it's stretched holding the correct belt tension
DSCF2354.JPG

Now look at your clutch spring, it's stretched out (deformed), yeah that little bit will make a diff on the belt tension
DSCF2357.JPG

Back