Newbie MB'r wants to share awesome deal on Tanaka 33cc engines!

Hi Guys,

I have enjoyed reading all of the posts here and lurking for many months, I finally decided to pull the trigger on some GEBE kits and use the little Tanaka 33's. Here is what I lucked up on yesterday! Unbelievable deal! My two are on the way with UPS tracking numbers from Tennessee!

I bought two of them yesterday, Tanaka 33cc engines for $99.00 each shipped! I followed up with the Essex group and confirmed the deal! They got over 100 of them in an "Overstock" deal and are liquidating them. Here is the Amazon Link to the little motors that regularly go for over $300 !

Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PB3Y9C

I bet there is a giant warehouse full of them.

I looked on mine, and the throttle system should be easy to use with a twist throttle or bike lever. It doesn't have to pull much cable, and a small cable end like what is on the twist grips will fit in there, or like someone said, you can solder on a spoke nipple and clip the bell off it. This looks cool. The air filter is a round foam band. I expected different on a "$300" engine, like the echo fiber filters, but that will work. Stock up on filter elements somewhere, or build your own airbox and use pocketbike filters.

Well, the "new" retail is now $89.00, shipping included.

Ha Ha, true.

Its a game...to create the appearance of "scarcity".

add:
(I fell for it too - I bought 2 as I saw the quantity dropping.)

Yup, not that buying 2 is a bad thing, You'll always have an engine to ride with. One giving you carb trouble? Swap it and work on it at your leisure.

Heck yeah! I just tested mine out this morning! This thing is great. It is smooth and powerful. I put the 1" roller on my Dax last night, and on the first couple pulls, it started. It pulled me (150lb) from just 3mph and smoothly accelerated to about 15, which was all I had room for in front of the house. It revved smoothly when sitting parked and was easy to re-start. It looks good and I am thrilled with the purchase esp. for $89 ! I wish I could get some more but wife says I need to sell stuff now, have too many bike and mb things.

re: illusion of scarcity. I bet they have a large supply of them, and you don't get the warranty etc, but for $89 this is the deal, so it sure beats a low-end pocketbike engine or hunting used lawn equipment to try to hit that price.

Thanks so much to the Original Poster for this find!

Here's my home-made throttle control till I get that lever. will check mail again today.
This works but isn't the most comfortable without gloves on. Good feedback on throttle position though, and fits anywhere with a zip tie.
happycheapskate-albums-dax-drive-tanaka-schwinn-avenue-pscyhocross-bike-picture2758-hc-remote-throttle-cable-its-piece.jpg

Back