Novice- What is this?

It looks great! :) I love the colour. Black and Red! looks awesome.

I purchased my bike assembled, but I plan on building my own onto a chopper bicycle.
Threads like yours, as well as the helpful people here have given me the confidence to give it a go. :)
I studied the Internet pretty heavy before going for it. I think you just have to do it! You've got this.

You will need either a vice and gas torch or a grinder and welder to bend the exhaust , or if its hitting the fat part you could mark where its hitting and give it a lash of a hammer . But those stock exhausts are junk anyway id recommend a visit to a junkyard try find a proper exhaust that'll fit.

You will need either a vice and gas torch or a grinder and welder to bend the exhaust , or if its hitting the fat part you could mark where its hitting and give it a lash of a hammer . But those stock exhausts are junk anyway id recommend a visit to a junkyard try find a proper exhaust that'll fit.
Thank you! That's what I needed to hear!

I haven't got it running. The clutch was locked up but I fixed that yesterday.

The pedal doesn't clear the muffler. That's really the only thing left to figure out before I attempt to start her up.

Though fuel would help, but that's just a matter of actually going to the gas station.

So muffler ideas welcome. Keep in mind that I don't have a work shop full of tools though. This is happening in my livingroom. Since my incredible physical strength has not worked to bend it, I've considered hammering a ding in it. I only need a fraction of an inch to clear it and I plan on upgrading that in the near future. So ding or not?

Ding away, or even better, find a fixed 5/8"-3/4" "mandrel" or a long steel bar to put in the flange hole to get the leverage to bend it. A propane or MAPP gas torch will help soften the steel too, but will discolour chrome and paint. You can always repaint, the chrome might clean up with Autosol if it didn't get too hot.

I've dinged many 2 stroke pipes over the years to get fit, never noticed a performance loss unless it was bashed in. Cracks and air leaks are a worse problem. I bent aluminum pedal arms slightly to get clearance as well. Take pedal off, 4' pipe over arn, slight pressure. The steel pedal arms may bent the shaft instead. If you remove the pedal arm to bend it in a vice or other means, be careful not to damage the puller threads or you may never get it off again. The pedals are left and right threaded remember? I can never remember which is which but most are marked L and R.

Steve

If you can find a round file that will fit in the holes of muffler part that bolts to the engine head you might try filing the top of one hole and the bottom of the other to let it rotate in the direction it needs to go. Hope this helps you and i made this clear to you. Good luck.

If you can find a round file that will fit in the holes of muffler part that bolts to the engine head you might try filing the top of one hole and the bottom of the other to let it rotate in the direction it needs to go. Hope this helps you and i made this clear to you. Good luck.
I'll keep that in mind. It made perfect sense. Thank you.

I don't see many chain guards in pictures. Are any of you using them? Pros & cons?

I already sticker bombed mine so I kind of want to use it but I don't see how is going to fit without some considerable reshaping.

I don't see many chain guards in pictures. Are any of you using them? Pros & cons?

i think most people dont use them because they rattle. also, the top chain will actually flop around a little and osscilate based on your bike (sometimes) so a chain guard there really messes things up. and, it is difficult to clean the chain with the guard there. it makes noise. it gets in the way when you are trying to fix the wheel. and lastly but not the least important chain guards are for like children with bikes with colorful pastel tassles... we are grown people here ... :D

Back