Only starts in the morning

newhobby

Local time
7:54 AM
I have 2 stroke afranti 100 cc motor on my bike. It is my first build. I finally got it running and it's been all problems. It seems to only run in the mornings. After I shut it off for a while it will not start the rest of the day. I'm dumbfounded I need help guys please!

I have 2 stroke afranti 100 cc motor on my bike. It is my first build. I finally got it running and it's been all problems. It seems to only run in the mornings. After I shut it off for a while it will not start the rest of the day. I'm dumbfounded I need help guys please!
Start with the basics.

Make sure the gas is on.

Replace spark plug with an NGK-BR6HS.

Mix gas at 25:1 (for break in).

Make sure the choke is in the right position.

Above all, post some pictures of the bike.

17095110379492781922768583326367.jpg

This is my first build. As you can see I have the carb off. I think it's an adjustment thing but I'm not sure. If it's getting flooded when I drive it for a few miles or if it's getting dirt or something in my fuel line. I'm lost

So the fuel I have in there I didn't mix myself I think it was mixed for a lawn mower and left over and I was told it would work...
Well lawnmowers don't usually take mixed gas. Your bike does. Drain it.

Also, your intake looks a little goofy...Could you post some closeups of it?

Switch out your spark plug for an NGK B6HS.
So the fuel I have in there I didn't mix myself I think it was mixed for a lawn mower and left over and I was told it would work...
And also dump that gas out of the tank, never take someone elses assurance the gas is ok...You do not even know what the premix ratio is for that gas or how old it is since I am betting it is the usual gasoline with ethanol in it which breaks down quickly.

For breakin purposes on a new motor, you want to mix around 5.5 ounces of conventional 2 stroke oil to one gallon of Ethanol free gasoline if it is available where you live...Then shake it vigorously in a gas jug dedicated to just your bike before pouring it into the tank.

Anytime you refill that gas tank from the jug you will also need to shake it...each and everytime.

Back