Original Whizzer

Vuit

Local time
4:27 AM
So I have an opprotunity to purchase an original whizzer, I'm really interested in it, but I want to know if theres anything I should know before purchasing, I have a 99 WC-1 so I sort of familier withe engine style, if I need parts are they easily available since Paul's passing (RIP), he was the only one I knew of that had parts besides ebay but thats always a gamble. Any advice is very much apperciated

I think 1600 is fair, maybe a little much for a non factory bike. Maybe you could talk them down or do some horse trading, or both?
I wish I could check it out in person, It's across the country for me but their offering shipping at their expense and even refunds which is a little concerning ya know, one of those things to good to be true

Apperciate the info and feedback!
That bike would typically have an asking price of $3-5K. NOT including free shipping which unless it is completely taken apart is at least another $350-$500. Don't front the money and wait for it to be delivered. COD only.

The bike has good features including the 300 series engine with High fin head, Tall breather, Carter Carb and Front break. Nice frame that appears to be Schwinn with springer and front fender headlight. While the condition is not perfect, if it is orginal paint that is even better. Seat looks newer and not sure if the Wheels are Schwinn S-2 but rear appears to be.

All of these feature makes it not a $1600 bike. But, like the seller I got mine from 2 years ago, he was moving and could not take it with him. With negotiated price and shipping I paid, it was even nicer than this bike.

Small deposit to ship it. Confirmation from the legitimate shipping company of the shipping order, then the day the shipper puts it on the truck, you pay the balance.... but of course all of these things could be scammed. This is how i did it but I arranged the shipping.

Good luck.

That bike would typically have an asking price of $3-5K. NOT including free shipping which unless it is completely taken apart is at least another $350-$500. Don't front the money and wait for it to be delivered. COD only.

The bike has good features including the 300 series engine with High fin head, Tall breather, Carter Carb and Front break. Nice frame that appears to be Schwinn with springer and front fender headlight. While the condition is not perfect, if it is orginal paint that is even better. Seat looks newer and not sure if the Wheels are Schwinn S-2 but rear appears to be.

All of these feature makes it not a $1600 bike. But, like the seller I got mine from 2 years ago, he was moving and could not take it with him. With negotiated price and shipping I paid, it was even nicer than this bike.

Small deposit to ship it. Confirmation from the legitimate shipping company of the shipping order, then the day the shipper puts it on the truck, you pay the balance.... but of course all of these things could be scammed. This is how i did it but I arranged the shipping.

Good luck.
Getting scamed the part I'm mostly worried about, the free shipping, payment increments and even refunding sound all way to good to be true, he said he's shipped bikes over to Australia before (didn't say if it was whizzers) and arrived just fine, I wanna make him an offer but I've never had anything this big shipped before

This one will need a lot of TLC Schwinn straight bar frames are hard to fit whizzer motors with the low fin heads. He's already using a small Sting ray chainring for more clearance, wald chain gaurd. You really need to know what your doing with these one.

Back