poor mounting on second hand bike

zippinaround

Local time
3:01 PM
whoever built this bike must have been an idiot! using nuts instead of a piece of pipe, trouble now is i can't remove the mounting bolt as i can't get a spanner or socket on it any ideas?

Attachments

• DSC01580a.JPG
    DSC01580a.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 496
  • DSC01584a.JPG
    DSC01584a.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 488
That is so ghetto. Since you already have a hole in the frame, you might as well keep the bolt running through it.

wedge a screwdriver in there? cmon man! ive used a 17mm and a 14mm to undo a 12mm nut! you just gotta be prepared to struggle occasionally!

mechanics have to be able to undo and redo things up while bending one arm in seven places, squeezing the other through a plastic grill, while holding the spanner in their left foot over their right shoulder :giggle:

lol. ha ha. i hate redoing peoples attempts at installations. some are amusing, but theyre all disturbing in some way.

turns out i was able to hammer a screwdriver in there ! hahahahaha thats true i just wasn't really thinking when i posted it. honestly i think i will completely remove the engine and fit it to a different bike this bike is a POS!

Back