Pre-Newbie in Phoenix

In other news

I just received shipment confirmation for the Staton Inc. Inside Drive with the Robin Subaru 33.5 cc motor. Some creativity is needed in mounting the Inside Drive, but I think I can figure it out.

My bike is below, and my conception of the install with an under rack tank added.

Attachments

• DSC00149.jpg
    DSC00149.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC00149+engine.jpg
    DSC00149+engine.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 90
Mouse-powered bike

I have been considering ways to make the bike more stealthy, and I had this idea for a pair of thin panels connected by threaded rods. Of course the graphics on the panels could be anything, but a mouse in a wheel seems fun.

Would there be heat problems with motor?

Attachments

• Mouse power.jpg
    Mouse power.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 93
There shouldn't be a heat problem as long as the panel does not cover up the air intake on the pull start/ fan shroud. Just by the way they are designed, that would be difficult to do with a flat panel anyways. If you fully box it in, front, back, top and sides, then you may run into problems. It will still need a good flow of fresh air circulating around to replace the heated air created.

Staton Inside Drive Arrived Tuesday

I've had the new hub put on the rear wheel, gonna pic up the bike today. I built the motor mount this morning. You have to kind of customize the Inside Drive with metal stock. I used aluminum angle and 12 inch by 3/8 inch all thread.

Here's my diagram of how it'll go:

Attachments

• Motor Mount.jpg
    Motor Mount.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 100
Been riding for more than a month now, and loving it. I had to redo the engine mounting, it's much simpler now. I have to keep an eye on it and adjust occasionally. I ride at about 25-27 mph, have had no problems with cops.

Back