Pumping Carburetor.

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by fetor56, Jun 5, 2008.

1. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

2. augidog

augidog Banned

technically a "diaphragm" carburetor

try contacting "walbro" directly...i'm not real hip to matching specs to need but i'm sure they make a compatible carby.
  3. vyzhion

vyzhion Guest

Plz let me know if you have any luck with this. I was planning on using one of those eventually to move the tank from the top of the titan to the front of the bike. I know how long it can take bicycle-engines to re order anything so if you find another option I'd love to hear about it. :)

4. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Aug:thanks man,i'll try walbro as see how i go.
    vyzhion:my idea with my Titan is to use a larger tank not on top of the engine to reduce the overall height & increase fuel range....if i'm successful i'll PM you & if u can do the same.
  5. vyzhion

vyzhion Guest

That's exactly what I had in mind as well... I have my eyes on a peanut tank from an old Harley that will just fit on my bike. 3.1 gallons will get me pretty far I think. Keep me posted. Thanks! :)
  6. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Hey guys, just looked at the fuel pump on an old pressure washer engine I have. Engine is a 4 hp Honda, and it has a separate fuel pump that runs off the pulses from the crankcase. Kind of interesting. Let me know if you are interested..I'll check on a few more particulars. It is fairly large, but might work for your application.

7. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Yep,i know what your talking about...a guy from a Honda dealership near me can make that sort of setup but it's a bit of experimentation cos really the smallest engine it's meant for is 100cc.I figured it's easier & cheaper if i just get a carb that pumps right from the start(IF the quality is there & it works properly)
    Taa for the remider,ALWAYS good to have a Plan B. :)
  8. brendonv

brendonv Member

its always good to check your local lawnmower shop, they should stock all different carby's. Well mine does, its a STHL Shop.

Hope that helps, XD

From Brendon.v
  9. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I saw some where online where a guy used a 1/4 in line from his exaust to add a couple of extra lbs of pressure above 14.7 to pressurize his tank. It was neat as heck. I cant think of where I saw it now but that was his answer to a fuel pump. No relief valve was needed because of the way he inserted the tube into his exhaust only provided the necessary xtra couple of psi needed, then there was a rubber hose going to a tube on the gas cap. This was months ago when I was 1st looking online at mabs.
  10. loquin

loquin Active Member

Hmmmm. Venting exhaust directly into the gas tank. That sounds like a recipe for an exploding gas tank... What happens when a bit of smoldering carbon buildup (a spark) gets sent up the 1/4 inch tube?
  11. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

That is exactly what I was thinking.
  12. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Ive googled and yahooed and cant find where I saw that, maybe my impression of what it did was wrong. Maybe it was an emissions type setup but from my memory I thought it was to act like a fuel pump. Dunno Ill find it just surfing someday then say DANG.
  13. loquin

loquin Active Member

Can you say 'FireBall!'

There's no way under the sun that I would do that. Fumes from the tank would be in that tube when you start the motor... :(
  14. loquin

loquin Active Member

It'll turn up one of these days as a news story, about how a gas tank erupted in a fireball... Just search for "burns over 50% of his body" ...
  15. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

The latest from Jeremy at bicycle-engines.com is that a new shipment of these diaphram carbys will be arriving the first half of October........SOON! :grin: